Nice case mod on the Xaser III, (56k'rs beware, lots of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LV38_Eagle

In Runtime
With so many cases on the market that already have windows fitted, itÂ’s quite rare now that people feel the need to do it themselves. I found myself looking at my case this evening though, and thoughtÂ…

DSC00223.JPG

Â…mmm, that lightning strike would look nice as a window.

DSC00224.JPG

Less than two minutes later, the doomed side panel and I, were in the garage, meeting the Dremel.

DSC00225.JPG

About 20 Dremel cutting disks later, I was left with a ragged hole in my, (formerly), nice clean side panel.

DSC00226.JPG

After a bit of cleaning up, the hole is looking nice

DSC00227.JPG

Perspex, in place and marked out

DSC00228.JPG

Cut, and almost ready to fit; word of warning, Perspex is a nightmare to cut, you may want to have enough for two tries.

DSC00229.JPG

Of the few methods of ‘window fixing’ I have tried, double sided tape is still my favorite.

DSC00230.JPG

All finished, quite happy with the result, just need to get a few cold cathodes in there now, to make the window worth while.

Yeah, it’s a big case, but I have a lot of ‘stuff’ in it, add the fact that I am an untidy bugger with wiring, and you get a full case. I guess that as I have a window now, I may need to do something about it…

Lol, only place to put the rad though, nice cool air. The Tupperware reservoir will go once I get an idea for a better one.

rofl that's hilarious LV.. tupperware haha, ohh.. but I really do like the window! awsome job at keeping the cuts even.

oo i just got the dual bay resivor made by frozencpu.com and its at frozencpu.com. Its pretty big so i would get rid of that and get the bay :p

Nice Job! Excellently done! Oh yeah! I also love the cooling system! Hahahaha! Greatness!

-Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom