New Case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, turns out I saved 220 going with the cheaper RAM and GPU. So I don't have to worry about buying the stacker. Going to add a 120mm to the top and an 140 mm to the side.

muckluck said:
Is that the only difference? I heard the DS3R had better OCing capabilities.

The only difference between the DS3P and DS3R, is that the P has an extra PCIe slot. But this only supports Crossfire, which isn't necessary. So the DS3R is cheaper, and overclocks like mad.

The DS3P has the support for DDR3 so I could eventually get DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM, when the price goes down.

The only difference between the DS3P and DS3R, is that the P has an extra PCIe slot. But this only supports Crossfire, which isn't necessary. So the DS3R is cheaper, and overclocks like mad.

agreed, meat_helmet got 3.3ghz with stock intel cooling on a q6600, but baron5/kobe24 got the exact same results with a much more elaborate cooling sytem (tuniq tower 120) with a 680i...

the reason why p35's are so awesome is because it supports high FSB's with a low voltage, awesome specs in my book

The DS3P has the support for DDR3 so I could eventually get DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM, when the price goes down.

No...the P35C-DS3R, is the one that supports DDR3.

DDR3, is not worth looking into yet. It will be a long time before it becomes mainstream. So don't worry about it. By that time, you'll be buying a new motherboard.

No...the P35C-DS3R, is the one that supports DDR3.

DDR3, is not worth looking into yet. It will be a long time before it becomes mainstream. So don't worry about it. By that time, you'll be buying a new motherboard.

bullseye on the target man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom