AMD / Intel Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? Hong Kong is cheap land as far as I'm concerned (food and electronics), so cheap that some of my relatives only buy certain things there because London prices are far too extreme to consider. A low annual salary here is almost a luxury of spending over there. Travel's cheap too. If anything I'd say London is one of the most expensive cities to live in, and our technology sucks compared to Hong Kong.

Some interesting stats from CNN:

World's most expensive cities - Jun. 18, 2007

World's most expensive cities 2007
1. Moscow
2. London
3. Seoul
4. Tokyo
5. Hong Kong
6. Copenhagen
7. Geneva
8. Osaka
9. Zurich
10. Oslo
11. Milan
12. St. Petersburg (Russia)
13. Paris
14. Singapore
15. New York City
16. Dublin
17. Tel Aviv
18. Rome
19. Vienna
20. Beijing

Yeah all I'll say is there's no way I could live in HK without the company paying the bills. Shopping is Hong Kong's national sport too. Not much else to do. Technologically, I haven't noticed them being way more ahead, except maybe on mobile phones. Sorry, never intended to hijack the thread.

I went into a computer shop last week and the guy said that the e6750's haven't come here yet but that was just one of the shops. He did have the G0's though- could have been lying.

Hong Kong, huh? Cool. I worked at the Johnston Coca-Cola Bottling plant in Cleveland, Tennessee. I'm still in Cleveland, but not at Coke. Actually a pretty good place to work.

The small bottle line there is like the most efficient line in the world. People come from all over the US and the world to check it out. 1000 bottles a minute, and can be changed over from one package to another (runs 20 oz, 12 oz, half-liter) in 2.5 hours end to end. They can run carbonated, non-carb, and Dasani on it. It runs 21 hours a day, mostly 7 days a week.

I left Coke at the wrong time. Since I left, they have converted the line I worked on to an energy drink line. :(

London's just way overpriced and technologically inferior, which makes my perspective very skewed (MTR > London Underground, Octopus > Oyster). QX6850 on ebuyer is £616.84, far more than what you'd pay in the US or HK.

London's just way overpriced and technologically inferior, which makes my perspective very skewed (MTR > London Underground, Octopus > Oyster). QX6850 on ebuyer is £616.84, far more than what you'd pay in the US or HK.

ya my friend, she went to London this summer, and omg... she said it was crazy overpriced for stuff, i mean an home about the size of my apartment costs about 200k, and she was like "it's so (insert bad word here that could get me and infraction starting wiht the word f) expensive

ok i think everyone is getting a little off topic lol. Can we get back on topic if possible?

sry if i just killed it, though suprisingly expensive to live in Tokyo, i would like to just visit Tokyo one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom