Site issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
I have 2 PC connected to my network. When I try to access the web site ESPN on one of them it takes a long time to access different sections of it. One the other PC I have no problems what so ever. I don't have a problem accessing any other sites on either PC. I've tried accessing the same section of the site with both PC's at the same time but I only have issues with that one PC. I've tried defragging to no avail.

What could be causing this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

24giovanni said:
...What could be causing this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't have an exact answer for you but you might wanna try using a different browser. Preferably non-IE based, that way you can pinpoint the problem to either the OS, IE, or other.

Im assuming you have the same browser on each comp. Even if they were differn't that would not be the problem, unless the wepage uses a specific code in whitch the broswer has trouble rendering. But if you were using ie that would be out of the question as ie is the most up to date broswer with coding(not neccecarly the best though) I would assume its not a virus because its on only one site. You ruled out the connection, so i would put my money on either hardware or some backround software like add ware. What are the specs of these two computers? are they identical? Possably someadware is on your comp that hits that site specifically.

I have ad-aware 6.0, spyware guard, spysweeper, spybot S&D, spyware blaster on the computer having the issue. The other computer doesn't have any of these software apps on them.

If this is the issue, which one could be causing the problem?

Well looks like you got the addware possablity locked up pretty good. Besides that what kind of hardware are you using with the computer thats having this issue? Is it the same as the other one, the site may be overloaded with code and your computer isn't able to proccess it as fast as the other one can.

Possibly a difference in configurations between the two browsers. Go through IE's tools-->Internet Options-->security-->custom level and compare settings.

More likely though would be something on the physical layer. Is one wi fi and the other not?? Are both NIC's full duplex?

wansingct said:
Possibly a difference in configurations between the two browsers. Go through IE's tools-->Internet Options-->security-->custom level and compare settings.

More likely though would be something on the physical layer. Is one wi fi and the other not?? Are both NIC's full duplex?

Thanks, I changed some of the settings under ie security and the site seems to be working better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom