Need suggestions of building pc is recommended

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Hey guys,

im getting real temped to but the gtx card or ultra...
I was wondering if i should just buld a whole new pc getting the q6600.
If i get that, i will need to get new ram,mobo,psu, case,etc (everything) pretty much.

Looking at my sig, do you think my pc is good enough to handle the gtx or ultra to play everygame at max, including the new games coming out this fall?

If i dont need to upgrade anything else but my gfx card, would i need any thing else to support this card, like psu, case, cooling solutions.
I know ill need a new case for sure, since mine is really old and doesnt keep my pc cool at all?

what do u guys sugest i do?

Hey guys,

im getting real temped to but the gtx card or ultra...
I was wondering if i should just buld a whole new pc getting the q6600.
If i get that, i will need to get new ram,mobo,psu, case,etc (everything) pretty much.

Looking at my sig, do you think my pc is good enough to handle the gtx or ultra to play everygame at max, including the new games coming out this fall?

If i dont need to upgrade anything else but my gfx card, would i need any thing else to support this card, like psu, case, cooling solutions.
I know ill need a new case for sure, since mine is really old and doesnt keep my pc cool at all?

what do u guys sugest i do?

well first off....with a gtx or ultra your system might not be able to use it to it's full potential. if your budget is low, probably just get a gts. If you've got money to spend...build a new system.

well first off....with a gtx or ultra your system might not be able to use it to it's full potential. if your budget is low, probably just get a gts. If you've got money to spend...build a new system.

i disagree.... ur opty is overclocked quite well, u got its full potential!!

but i wouldn't spend that much, just get a GTS 320mb, and later on get a new system, with a Phenom, and get a freaking awesome 9 series

well i dont have the time to keep buying and upgrading so soon again.
That would mean that i would then have to selll my gts, and then build a system again.

Is it really worth waiting for the 9 series?, how much better could they get.
I thought the ultra or gtx would be able to max out every game that is coming out?
and whats phenom?

well i dont have the time to keep buying and upgrading so soon again.
That would mean that i would then have to selll my gts, and then build a system again.

Is it really worth waiting for the 9 series?, how much better could they get.
I thought the ultra or gtx would be able to max out every game that is coming out?
and whats phenom?

quad-core AMD processor are Phenoms,

9 series use teraflop, which is wayy better than what is out now, yes 8880gts(x) ultra can max out stuff maybe til the end of the year, but after that... who knows, but don't expect Crysis to max out on a gts 320mb at like idk.. um 1680 x 1050... on full settings

Well I'm going to build on a $1,100 budget within the next 2 months and progressively upgrade when it's really needed. No way I'm dropping so much money on a 9 series. I always buy a step below. It just depends on what you want your money to do for you. If you're hardcore than just wait till the end of the year and go balls out. But if you're always just waiting till the next greatest thing then you'll always be waiting.

A q6600 and a GTS should be plenty for at least a year unless you're just that hardcore.

well most of us won't splurge on the 9800gtx, most of us are getting gts's which should be cheap... but pricey at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom