B3 Q6600 not so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orthos is a great stress test. Almost everybody uses it to stress their overclock for stability. You have to run two instances of them though, because they don't support 4 cores at once, I believe. So one Orthos stressing two and the other stressing the other two.

I see, thanks for this info. And still, be not affraid, B3 is ok. Ill do orthos later, the dogs need walkin and the wife needs tendin to.

Well I really have no reason to lie nagasma. what kind of screen shots do you want? and how do I get them? For my cooler it is just a Zalman cant remember the number, got it from new egg about 4 months ago for $59. Yeah it is cool in the room also so that probably plays a part.

anyways my point was not to brag, but to let people know if they get the B3 instead of the G0, then they should be fine. Then again maybe I just got a good B3.

b1gapl: I left the vcore on whatever it is out of the box. 1.35 maybe or 1.28something? CPUz says 1.285+-

sorry dude i didnt mean to come across as implying that you were lying. i was just joking about some other posts that apparently no one else got. sorry, no offense meant.
but you take screen shots of a program called "cpuz", it displays all your info. i use a program called MWSnap3 to take screen shots.

sorry dude i didnt mean to come across as implying that you were lying. i was just joking about some other posts that apparently no one else got. sorry, no offense meant.
but you take screen shots of a program called "cpuz", it displays all your info. i use a program called MWSnap3 to take screen shots.

no prob bro, happy endings

This is good to hear, my b3 is running around 50C at idle on stock cooling and it makes me sad. I need to hurry up and order my ultra-120.

Thats with only those three programs open. What is good for testing temps at full load? I run FSX for a few mins then close it real quick to try and read the temps. Is there a better method?

Its best to be able to check the temps while its in full load cause temps will drop really fast once the load is stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom