B3 Q6600 not so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

naerskine

In Runtime
For those of you who were/are worried....My B3 Q6600 Ocs on air(and stays) to 3.3 ghz and is completly (if possible) prime stable. I have not even tried to push it to test limits yet. Also it idles at a cool 26c and at load it wont go above 33c. So dont crap your pants if you dont get a new G0 stepping CPU you will be ok. And for the record the Q6600 rocks the sox off my E6600.

Semper Fi

Well every chip will overclock differently. What cooling method are you using? It also depends on ambient temperatures and case cooling. You must have the best of both, because that is a remarkable temperature you're getting for that speed. And also what is the voltage on your vcore?

snort ie wheres our screen shots

Well I really have no reason to lie nagasma. what kind of screen shots do you want? and how do I get them? For my cooler it is just a Zalman cant remember the number, got it from new egg about 4 months ago for $59. Yeah it is cool in the room also so that probably plays a part.

anyways my point was not to brag, but to let people know if they get the B3 instead of the G0, then they should be fine. Then again maybe I just got a good B3.

b1gapl: I left the vcore on whatever it is out of the box. 1.35 maybe or 1.28something? CPUz says 1.285+-

Talking about this cooler?
Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan with Heatsink - Retail

CPU-z isn't accurate with voltage readings. So if you didn't touch the vcore setting, then I assume it's on auto.

The ambient temperature in the room, does play a big part, so your room must be pretty cold. In my room I always have the AC on, and I'm getting G0, so I'll probably get some good temperatures and overclock.

Show us some CPU-z screenshots for your overclock. Everest, Speedfan, or CoreTemp screenshots for your temperature.

What motherboard are you overclocking with, anyway?

Yeah, thats the HSF. same size I think too. here is a screen shot of CPUz and I think your right about cpuz not showing correct vcore because it changes everytime i open it.
q66003303air.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I will download speedfan and so one for that too. speedfan is accurate im guessing?

tempsandcpuz.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

b1gapl: mobo is Gigabyte 965P-DS3 rev.3.3, and how do I know what temp is what in speedfan? (still learning most of this stuff here)

Yea...that's why I don't really like Speedfan, because I don't really know which is which. Try CoreTemp for the CPU temperature, it's much simpler to read, and I think more accurate.

Is this idle or load temp? I believe the Core Temp temperature reading more. To get the most accurate reading, you should check in the BIOS.

Thats with only those three programs open. What is good for testing temps at full load? I run FSX for a few mins then close it real quick to try and read the temps. Is there a better method?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom