safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

toppergun

Solid State Member
im having a little trouble that needs a lot of help on this side anyways. i need to start up in safe mode and when i start up i wait for the beep and then press f8 repeatedly until i get the blue menu. its a boot menu but nothing says safe mode i press hard drive and it starts up regularly..im not good with computers but i phoned to get work done on my comp but it will take 7 days trying to do it faster lol.is there something im doing wrong .. any help would be greatly appreciated thx:confused:

Hello,

What are your system specifications?

Make sure that you're hitting F8 just before the Windows OS splash screen (loading screen).

im running xp media... im hitting f8 i get a screen that comes up but nothing that says start in safe mode

As soon as you hit the power button start hitting F8, you should either get the option for safe mode or a keyboard error. And it should be a black screen with white letters.

Boot into windows if you can, click start, run, and type regedit in the box and hit enter. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, system, current control set, and click select. You should have entries for current,default, last known good, and failed.

ok dave i tried the f8at start up and same thing blue screen its called a boot menu. then i got to the other one u sent me not sure what to do when i got there nothing on the page said safe mode

(Are you using a keyboard that plugs into a usb port, try one that plugs into the older style port; often overlooked; only if you have no keybaord function on startup); a blue screan with options sounds right, choose the operating system your using(windows xp), wait a bit, a screan will pop up mentioning safe mode, hit yes, wait a minute.

thx i went to the run box and clicked (check all boot pathes)it says all boot ini lines are ok. wasnt sure if i should do anything else

thx the typing in that box worked..butttt lol, i ran a scan on my files shut that program down and then when i went to open smitfraudfix a red screen came up and it said i was missing my reboot.exe is this why i couldnt reboot in safe mode and can i add that file to my computer... thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom