::monitor Problem Please Help::

Status
Not open for further replies.

BU-DAH

Beta member
All of of a sudden my monitor screen turned light green. I can still see whats on my screen but its all discolored. Its been like this for a while now, it will go back to normal for like 10 min every now and then but then it just turns green again. CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!THNX

From what you are describing, I would most likely suggest that you have broken a wire in the harness of the monitor.

9 times out of ten,, it is just in front on the plug that attaches to you video card. The wire will be bent at an angle that exceeds or is equal to 90 degrees.

The cause: Pushing your computer too close to the wall,, or setting your computer too far back in the desk.

Minor movement in the cable will cause the small wires to experience fatigue and break,, you will lose a color , all color , or all picture. The fact that you are seeing green leads me to think one wire.

Resolution: NEW MONITOR.

the harness is hard wired into the control panel inside the monitor, so,,if you have an old monitor and are really good at soldering you have yourself a little job,, if not >>> $$$$$

cheers

mot sure about green lights, but if you get blinks, flicks, lines, scratches, noise particles, and all of the above at the same time, with your monitor going on and off like crazy.. then your video card is finito.

I have a somewhat similar problem with my flat screen monitor. This actually just started happening last night. When I first power it on, it works properly, showing me either my desktop if my computer is on, or "No Sync" if the computer is off. After about 5 seconds, the screen starts flashing colors at me. Blue, Green, Red, White. One screen after the other. The controls on the monitor work fine before the colors start flashing, and afterwards I can't tell. If I have the monitor menu up, it disappears when the screen starts flashing.

I'm guessing the monitor is shot, even though it's only about 6 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom