OK got new PC need new graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akkaran

Solid State Member
OK I recently brought this pc (dont know if its any good maybe u can tell me this also lol )

ADVENT T9509 PC and TFT Monitor from PC World. Cheap ADVENT computers and the best deals for the ADVENT T9509 PC.

As far as I can determin the graphics card is a bit crappy and I'm wanting to do a bit of gaming in the future (looking forward to Assassins Creed Hellgate London etc).
So basically could you guys reccommend a decent graphics card that will work with this PC thats gonna be able to last me a while and will be able to play some of the new games that come out on med-high settings. I dont have that much money only looking to spend £100 ish but this can go up if need be ;) any info would be great and really appreciated.

Many thanks in advance :p

Thanks for the fast reply mate and for the welcome :)
Ye I was thinkning I could have probably built it cheaper but I have never built a PC and havent really got teh time to start so went for the easy option of PC world lol.
Yep that Graphics card looks sweet mate think I will save up a little extra and buy it.

Thanks again for the info mate

edit for another question lol just been looking at teh requirements and they say I need a 16x PCI Express slot, I'm sure this computer has one but just want to make sure, also it says 500W minimum for PSU and 600W+ is recommended. How would I find out if my comp has the power to run this card?
thanks again from a computer nub :S

Oh yea...I forgot to tell you about that. Theres a slight possible chance you might have to upgrade the power supply. From the site, it doesn't tell any specs on the power supply, so I'm not sure if it will handle the 8800GTS. To keep on the safe side, it would be recommended that you upgrade the power supply.

Well before you do that. I want you to open up the case, by taking off the side panel. Of course you have to turn your computer off, to do this.....and try to read the label off the power supply. Tell me the wattage and the amount of amperage on the +12v railings (all of them).

Ok mate I opend up my box and had a look at the power supply here is what I wrote down

Model :- ISO 450P

350w (+12v +5v&3.3v Total)

lol Know Idea if this is what your wanting lol there was lots of numbers on there.
I've had a look on the net and as far as I can see it wont work with the card you suggested so I will upgrade this also ....any reccomendations on one that will basically **** everything so I wont need to upgrade again for a while.

Thanks again :D

These are very ultra and will probably never need to be upgraded (well unless they die)

Corsair HX Series 620W Modular PSU - ATX12V v2.2 APFC

Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK

Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK

EDIT: To find out the amperage just look at the number below where it says '+12v'. In the case of this one

http://eu.shuttle.com/archive/de/prod/xpc/600/sn41g2v2_psu_sticker.jpg

it would be 16A.

Thanks for the reply dude, think I will go with the Corsair HX Series 620W Modular PSU - ATX12V v2.2 APFC as it doesnt cost too much :D

........better start savin again lol :S

Hello again guys and gals thought I would just use my old thread instead of making a new one. Ok update on my pc I have brought and installed my new power supply (that was fun :freak: ): and graphics card and my pc is looking sexy.
Just have one last quick question i've got 2 extra slots for some more memory and I have 2 x 1gb of pc2700 ram just sitting around doing nothing would this memory work with the memory I already have in the computer which is DDR2 (thats all it was on it) just to bring it up to 4gb of ram (dont think it will make much difference just for the fact that I have 2gb sat around doing nothing).
As usual any infor would be nice thanks a lot guys :D

Nope, unfortunately the old memory won't even physically fit...and if it did it would be very slow.

2gb is plenty anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom