Soul Savage Worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shot at 2007-08-03

theres a little more after it...but it was more then a screen so i only took the top part

WTF?!....wow...ok, sorry about that nagasama..lol

...**** that happened to me before...wth is this?

Hey that looks really nice man. You have a good setup. How do you attach the red lights to the computer case?

Whoa, I go away for a day and I come back to all this... lol.

Thanks all for the compliments.

The lighting is actually very red (not as orange as it looks in that picture) and not too bright at the moment (since I only have one of the cathodes in right now). There are however Orange and Green LEDs on the motherboard (Orange Standby below the CMOS - not very bright, and Green Power between the PCI slots)

soul savage came out awesome!!

so how much did he cost??
A lot.

Originally I had budgeted it for around $2100.. all said and done, it probably cost me another $200 or so (extra $100 for the case modules, more for other case mods and accessories)

That includes EVERYTHING in those pictures with the exception of the two joysticks, which I had from before... got them for $30 a piece from Saitek when they were on sale with free shipping.

So altogether, it cost probably around $2400. I was considering trying to sell it on ebay for a couple hundred or more profit, but the hardware (especially the audio hardware) has given me so many troubles that a month later I've pretty much given up.

Nice setup... Just wondering, what game do you play that you need 2 joysticks?

I bought the joys for Vendetta Online (Space MMORPG/Combat/FPS). I use the right joy for pitch/roll/yaw, targeting control, zoom, weapons (primary, secondary, tertiary) and hail/activate; the left joy I use for strafing forward-back/up-down/left-right, flight computer, PDA, special functions, secondary fire and turbo/brake.

I like them... it's a superior setup for FPS style games (especially in a 3D space environment) because it allows you to use 6 axis of analog control fluidly and precisely while still leaving a ton of other functions at your fingertips. I also have a Saitek X52 (Complete Joystick/Throttle System, cost me $150 IIRC), which I use exclusively for flight sims... It's in my closet right now, and I'm considering selling it since I don't use it that often.

WTF?!....wow...ok, sorry about that nagasama..lol

...**** that happened to me before...wth is this?

I have no idea what's up with that... lol. I didn't see it, either...

But the adapter its pushing doesn't work anyway - I bought one from someone else, and it only succeeded in killing my right audio channel when I plugged it in to the card. (more info on that, here: http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/proprietary-nightmares-dont-buy-150053/ )

Hey that looks really nice man. You have a good setup. How do you attach the red lights to the computer case?

I'm actually using several things for lighting...

Firstly, I replaced all of the stock case fans with Apevia Red LED fans. That provides the red glow on the top, front, and back. They're not too bright, but they do look cool and shine through a bit... they're just attached the same way the regular fans were.

Secondly, I got a Red Cold Cathode lighting kit. It came with an inverter and two 12" red cathode lights. The inverter is just held down in the lower drive module with some cable ties. The cathodes themselves come with adhesive velcro pads for installation. I have one of the red cathodes in my case now, and another, as well as a UV one, that I can just throw in when I want.

is vendetta online a free game?

Monthly subscription (9-10 bucks a month, depending on how big of time blocks you buy). Free 8-hour trial is infinitely renewable, but you need to create a new account and forfeit your active characters to re-use the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom