AMD / Intel Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
man this all started from my whys everyone calling intels not real quads. but i do agree with maroon1, a quad is a quad no matter which way u look at it. i mean u sayin its just two dual cores put together, sounds like a qaud to me.
with restricted bandwith between the cores, and no way to really effectively share the L2 cache between all the cores.

Having all four cores on one die is essential for the L3 cache on AMD's Phenom CPU's to be shared between all cores.

Plus, the Hypertransport bus would likely be crippled with more than one die (and it would be more complicated to set up whatever memory controller system it would need)

Intel's FSB won't be affected as much by having two die's, but it is still affected nontheless.

Two dies means less performance than it could get. simple as that.

nice CPU talk earlier apokalipse, u totally blew me away from it. By the sound of it, looks like ur interested in getting one of the Phenom x4 for urself i persume?

if u r, im totally with u dude, i believe AMD really is going to have a comeback from the K10 like they did with the K8 when K8 was first introduced.

first things first, me getting a freakin job n i may have luck this week, since ive been looking for one since January.

i think that is why intel is pushing up the release date for their 45nm cpus...they are really worried about k10. which is funny...as amd has maybe like 20% market share, intel has 80%...lol greedy people "we must control it ALL". dispute it if you like, but that is the truth.

which is funny...as amd has maybe like 20% market share, intel has 80%...lol greedy people "we must control it ALL". dispute it if you like, but that is the truth.

maybe cuz amd can't compare to the core 2 extremes atm, though it looks like they will in the near future that 20/80 will probably change

maybe so, maybe so. even with the enthusiast market, even when amd made the most rockin-est overclocking game chips, they still had a miniscule market share. and intel comes in to wipe up the little guy. being a small business owner, that explains to some of you why i will never buy an intel-based system. even if it was twice as fast...lol no bull. NEVER. i despise their stance in the business world. so let them be the fastest at the moment. it wont change my mind, nor the minds of the other loyal fanboys lol.

heh...why not?
but in any event, i think i probably know life pretty well. mmmkay, not a high school student anymore...for a long time lol.
anyways, its not the "big name" per say...its the business practices.
aka "ethics", in which i think intel in general has little, if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom