Any problem adding these two rams together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tisoraku

In Runtime
Problem, not program, had other thoughts on my mind, would like it edit the title.

Kingston Technologies 1GB DDR2 SDRAM PC Memory PC2-5300 - 667

Kingston Technologies 1GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 PC2 6400

I ended up with two different speeds.

Thanks

Re: Any program adding these two rams together?

Problem, not program, had other thoughts on my mind, would like it edit the title.

Kingston Technologies 1GB DDR2 SDRAM PC Memory PC2-5300 - 667

Kingston Technologies 1GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 PC2 6400

I ended up with two different speeds.

Thanks
faster ram will be downclocked to slower ram speeds

so no issues

Re: Any program adding these two rams together?

if you to the bios and set your ram speed to 800mhz, your slower one should be able to overclock to 800mhz

I have yet to open the new ram, would an extra 1Gb in my new system make much of a difference from just 1GB?

System -

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADO3600DDBOX
BIOSTAR TForce TF7025-M2 Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 7025 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
SAMSUNG 18X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe and Software Black IDE Model SH-S182M/BEBM - OEM
Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory Model
FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX400-PN, RoHS, 12cm FAN, version 2.2, 2 SATA, 20+ 4 pin, PCI Express, 400W Power Supply
SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Windows 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

The extra 1GB will help you computer handle programs better if more are open. It also increase your hard drive speed as less page file is used.

I will most likely add it, I wanted to PC6400 800, the other is close. I still have to read about settings on this computer and how to increase ram speed, everything is still set on factory settings.

Hey! did you know that you can go into you MyComputer Properties and change your Virtual RAM??? Virtual RAM is space on your HardDrive taken to be used as if it were Physical RAM... however the virtual RAM is slower than physical RAM, But having 4 gigs of virtual RAM does speed up your comp quiet a bit (QUITE!).
________
MyComputer Properties
Advanced
Virtual Memory
SET!

Is it normal to say 960 of ram with 1Gb? Not that 40 is a big deal.

Hey! did you know that you can go into you MyComputer Properties and change your Virtual RAM??? Virtual RAM is space on your HardDrive taken to be used as if it were Physical RAM... however the virtual RAM is slower than physical RAM, But having 4 gigs of virtual RAM does speed up your comp quiet a bit (QUITE!)

I was not aware of that, mine is set at just under 1500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom