Sony Develops Computing Board, powered by the Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
The Cell Computing Board is designed to handle industrial applications. According to Sony is expected to demonstrate the technology's use in real-time processing of 4K images, or extremely high-resolution pictures. The Cell Computing Board is also expected to be used for computer graphics rendering and various physics simulations that take advantage of “multi-thread processing ability” of the Cell/B.E.

Source

The new 'Cell Computing Board' combines the power of the multi-processor power of the Cell, combined with an RSX graphics processor that makes it even more powerful according to Sony. Exact tech specs are yet to be revealed, but in simple terms this will sit at the heart of some fire-breathing PCs.

PS3 Cell chip to boost PCs?

I'm thinking it will, since Sony has a tendency to make their products, pretty pricey.

Well Sony makes a good product.

I love my Playstation 3. It's great, wouldn't trade it for anything.

My GF's dad has a 52" Sony XBR, the thing is gorgeous.

The only thing about the Cell, is your typical consumer won't use it.

They're PPC, not X86.

Well Sony makes a good product.

Are you joking? Not only have the reviews for Sony products gotten worse over time, their stock has gone through the floor. Not the mention the whole recall on all there power adapters and the root kit scandle. In addition to the very poor launch of the PS3. The list goes on and on....

He meant the PS3 which is a great product, its faster than the Xbox 360 and has a larger game library. And Sony/BMG music isnt directly related to the Sony that makes the PS3, they have the same parent company, but they are run by different people.

Are you joking? Not only have the reviews for Sony products gotten worse over time, their stock has gone through the floor. Not the mention the whole recall on all there power adapters and the root kit scandle. In addition to the very poor launch of the PS3. The list goes on and on....

qft???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom