Windows Vista rateing. Only 5.0 on my rig?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
Check my rig in my signature.

I understand that it doesn't accumulate and find the average for your score.

But what I don't get, is the only score with 5.0 is my memory.

My OCZ Platinum 2gigs at 4-4-4-15 scores 5.0. Everything else is 5.7,5.8, or 5.9.

What type of memory do you have to get 5.9? 4 gigs of Dominator memory?

I plan on doing some overclocking of my CPU/RAM once I get an aftermarket heatsink.

Also, I have a raptor 74 gig raptor that scores like a 5.7 or 5.8. I just found that sort of funny, I mean what, do you need a SCSI HDD to get 5.9? Haha.

Oh I agree. It doesn't really even matter to me. I just thought that rather rediculos and thought I'd see if anyone knows about the memory thing.

You know why I think they have it?

To get people to buy and upgrade their PC's to try and get everyting at 5.9

They say they have it to easily tell what programs you can and can't run on your rig, but can people no longer read system requirments for games and software?

My G.Skill RAM got 5.8...I got 2 gigs of it. And it just takes the lowest score as your base score, because that base score (5 in your case) is the highest number you should buy when purchasing programs, because anything higher than that might not run as well.

I'm not saying that is completely true (that it wouldn't run some programs) I'm just stating what that whole system is designed to do.

The rating system and the program rating thing is just to make it easier for people who don't really know all that much about their computer.

When you start overclocking it'll change...I've boosted my CPU rating by .3 of a point, which is now at 5.7, which is still my base score.

What your memory timeings dude? I really don't see why the difference would be so drastic (.8 of a difference) when we both have 2 gigs of good brand name DDR2 800.

My CPU is already at 5.9 so that won't get any higher. But yea, I'd imagen the memory will go a bit higher.

your lowest score is your score if you didnt know that....

Well if you would of read my first post, and then the guy that said the exact same thing you said up above, then you'd know I know that by now.

I'm trying to figure out how we can both have 2gigs of brand name DDR2 800, but yet he has .8 higher score then I. My only guess woul be his timeings are better then mine.

well the WD 750gb drive scores a 5.9, and i always thought that HD was based on the Drive Space

also that Microsoft says that the WinSAT is now how u can tell if games run on Windows... which scares me

Well if you would of read my first post, and then the guy that said the exact same thing you said up above, then you'd know I know that by now.

I'm trying to figure out how we can both have 2gigs of brand name DDR2 800, but yet he has .8 higher score then I. My only guess woul be his timeings are better then mine.

if you know the score is based on the minimum spec, why ask? should just be running a memory analyzer.

mines 5.3 with cheap ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom