MSI P6N SLI-F nForce 650i
2048MB Corsair XMS2 Xtreme w/Heat Spreader
8800GTS 640mb
320 GB Hard Drive [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 16M Cache]
Creative Lab Sound Blaster X-Fi ExtremeGamer
MS Windows XP Media Center 2005 Edition
NZXT PF-500 Power Supply

Is 500watts enough?:freak:
Also, is it worth it to get a 8800GTX over the 8800GTS?
Not too computer savy so any help is appreciated.

+1 on the PSU because i am using it right now, it is super reliable and very very stable. I am using the psu with a 8800gts 640mb superclocked a E6300@3.2ghz, 2 hard drives, 2 optical drives an several case fans.

i strongly suggest go with the 8800 gtx. why?

the price difference between the gts and the gtx also has a noticable performance difference, so go with the better for the extra hundred dollars.

also, on another note: even though the quadcore is incredibly cheap compared to 3+ months ago, i really think you're wasting its potential if you go with a quad core cpu and a single 8800 gtx. if you want the quad core, you need it for multiple programs or with two 8800 gtx's running in SLI. it's a waste to get a quad core then one 8800gtx.

[even though the 8800gtx is magestic, the quadcore is too much; you gotta have two components with equal potential to bring out their best]

i strongly suggest go with the 8800 gtx. why?

the price difference between the gts and the gtx also has a noticable performance difference, so go with the better for the extra hundred dollars.

also, on another note: even though the quadcore is incredibly cheap compared to 3+ months ago, i really think you're wasting its potential if you go with a quad core cpu and a single 8800 gtx. if you want the quad core, you need it for multiple programs or with two 8800 gtx's running in SLI. it's a waste to get a quad core then one 8800gtx.

[even though the 8800gtx is magestic, the quadcore is too much; you gotta have two components with equal potential to bring out their best]

No offense, but this makes no sense to me. Why would you need 2 GTX's for them to bring out the full potential of each other. I have a GTX and a QX6700 and they both run beautifully. Your logic makes no sense to me.

Oh yea, probably shoulda mentioned that I'm not building this myself. I'm getting it off ibuypower.com(yea yea i know its more expensive then building, but building is beyond me atm) so I'm limited somewhat on the different parts I can use.

Should I use a diff motherboard?
Asus P5N-E SLI nForce® 650i
eVGA NForce 680i
MSI P35 Neo-F P35
The above are in my preferred price range but the others offered are:

Asus P5N32-E SLI nForce® 680i
Asus Striker Extreme nForce® 680i
MSI P6N Diamond nForce 680i

As for ram, they only offer corsair or mushkin directly, but it does say corsair "or other major brand" so I was just going to pick corsair straight out.

No idea on HD brand and thanks for the XP Pro suggestion.

Oh yea, probably shoulda mentioned that I'm not building this myself. I'm getting it off ibuypower.com(yea yea i know its more expensive then building, but building is beyond me atm) so I'm limited somewhat on the different parts I can use.

Should I use a diff motherboard?
Asus P5N-E SLI nForce® 650i
eVGA NForce 680i
MSI P35 Neo-F P35
The above are in my preferred price range but the others offered are:

Asus P5N32-E SLI nForce® 680i
Asus Striker Extreme nForce® 680i
MSI P6N Diamond nForce 680i

As for ram, they only offer corsair or mushkin directly, but it does say corsair "or other major brand" so I was just going to pick corsair straight out.

No idea on HD brand and thanks for the XP Pro suggestion.

sorta saw that coming... cuz i knew that only cyberpower and ibuypower have that CPU Cooler, btw don't buy from ibuypower, go cyberpower, go to cyberpowerpc.com cheaper there

The Asus Striker Extreme nForce® 680i has to be the biggest waste of money ever. Sure its the fastest mobo around, but only by about 5% and it basically costs more then DOUBLE the price ( last time I checked ) of a regular 650 mobo.

man i wish i got better mobo :( i was noob back then
but has been running my quad pretty well. 1.3 volts not bad i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom