Intel accelerates 45nm plans, hitting the market Q4 '07

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do alot of reading here too. I know pretty much everything I know from her too. Great place this is :)

Like I said multiple times before....Penryn is the 45nm mobile processors. The quad core version, is the Yorkfields. And these are just a 45nm shrink of the Core 2 architecture. The next architectural change I believe, is going to be the 45nm Nehalem, in the second half of 2008.

He is absolutely correct, and in 2009 there will be a Nehalem refresh with another die shrink. This news has actually been out for around a year now after Intel started talking about their future architecture plans.

Westmere will be the 32nm shrink of Nehalem, in 2009. Then in 2010, there will be the next architechtural change to Sandy Bridge, which is also 32nm. Followed by a 22nm shrink in 2011. According to Intel's roadmap, they plan to change the architechture every two years. Just a little heads up...

2018, we will just have implants in our brains.....

bg.gif

...resistance is futile...

2018, we will just have implants in our brains.....

bg.gif

...resistance is futile...

lol resistance is futile... imagine tho... in a bunch of years we'll be into virtual reality and kids then will say games like Crysis look like crap, and we are in awe about it now...

man, i want a yorfield.

yeah kids will be like crysis suks dad ur a loser, then ill slap em across the head. that will be like pac man grpahics to them

Westmere will be the 32nm shrink of Nehalem, in 2009. Then in 2010, there will be the next architechtural change to Sandy Bridge, which is also 32nm. Followed by a 22nm shrink in 2011. According to Intel's roadmap, they plan to change the architechture every two years. Just a little heads up...

I read that on Wiki. And about how they're eventualy going to be at like, 16nm or something.

I'll get a new proc in another year at the least. Probably once the newer architecture's out and has been out for awhile. My Q6600 will do juuuuust fine.

hold it b1gapl, i know its gonna shrink over the years, but, what about the die size of the processor? Will that change or no?

if not, then what is filling up the rest of the space inside the CPU then if its getting smaller?

I'm not familiar with the architectures of CPUs yet. So I'm still learning. I'm guessing they can use that space, to put more transistors on?

Apokalipse knows the answer to this one...

I'm not familiar with the architectures of CPUs yet. So I'm still learning. I'm guessing they can use that space, to put more transistors on?

Apokalipse knows the answer to this one...

hmm i dont know how to PM someone on here, do u mind asking him for me or tell me how to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom