Wanting a High Performance Gaming Computer On A Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
couldnt one of us buy it for him from new egg and ship it to him?
my dad works for fedex and gets good deals for shipping...REALLY GOOD DEALS.

couldnt one of us buy it for him from new egg and ship it to him?
my dad works for fedex and gets good deals for shipping...REALLY GOOD DEALS.

Yes, but it's a matter of trust, and is usually not pushed onto people. NCIX is a pretty good site for parts compared to other Canadian sites.

I second the GIGABYTE P35, very good board. Has everything you need from a motherboard, lacks SLI capabilities but then again, SLI isn't worth the money. All of the expensive boards like the evga 680i board, is very gimmicky and isn't worth the money.

I also second the MX518, good mouse.

you guys did mention that wireless mouse are not suggested for gaming right?
because i have a mx3200 wireless desktop and my mouse is mx600, its a good mouse but my gaming isnt smooth...
and for mouse i heard that the logitech g5 is really good, or g7 if you want wireless

you guys did mention that wireless mouse are not suggested for gaming right?
because i have a mx3200 wireless desktop and my mouse is mx600, its a good mouse but my gaming isnt smooth...
and for mouse i heard that the logitech g5 is really good, or g7 if you want wireless

i never said they were bad for gaming.... in fact i didn't say anything negative about it

Re: Wanting a High Performance Gaming Computer On A Budget

--------------------------------------------------------------------------"------

First off, is $1600 in canadian or US?

Second, you don't want a wireless keyboard/mouse if you're gaming and the killer interface card doesn't do sheet"
First page...
i didnt say taht you mentioned that, i just said that it was posted on, thats why i was wondering if thats the reason im having difficulty with gaming.
Sorry if you thought i was pointing fingers!

Other problem with having someone in the states ship here to canada is warrantee stuff...better hope you don't have any problems or you have to go back through your "friend" in the states, can get complicated and messy...not worth it IMO

Here in Canada there are three places I did a lot of looking into for my build...almost done just waiting for the CPU.

Tigerdirect: <---over priced and don't price match, if you live in GTA can go to a number of their stores to cut shipping costs. I wouldn't bother, also, they don't price match

ncix.com<--- usually fair prices, best MIR of any other canadian store i've found, bought my mobo and HD there. stores in BC if you live there, no shipping that way. THEY DO PRICE MATCH

CanadaComputers.ca<--- consistantly the best prices, GTA stores to eliminate shipping costs. THEY DO PRICE MATCH, bought most of my computer here

My strategy (I live in the Toronto north area) was to search Compare prices - Canada - Price Comparison - Comparison Shopping and find the lowest price per item the visit my local CanadaComputers outlet and have them match that item, saved a good $200 on my $1000 build, those savings were the reason i was able to get the 8800 GTS.

For everyone else helping...$1600 CAN is like a $1400 US build, not so much an exchange problem, just that items are usually priced higher here vs newegg.

I never saw a reason for wireless keyboards, unless your moving around a lot and for whatever reason need to keep typing or whatever. When gaming the keyboard is almost always stationary, and it's not like the wire gets in the way much.

I do see why one would want a wireless mouse, as it's almost never being used stationary. I would still stick with wired for gaming. MX518 or G5-revised is where it's at. Some prefer other branded mice, but I've always liked Logitech.

hey, this is off topic, but i want to make sure if this is not a new egg problem.
when ever i type anything in the search, it produces 0 results.
FOR ANYTHING.
Im using the computers at my workplace(college).
Could any of you verify this? try typing anything in the search and check if you get results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom