Intel accelerates 45nm plans, hitting the market Q4 '07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
Intel accelerates 45nm plans, hitting the market Q4 '07 - Engadget

omg 12mb of L2 cache? That is freakin crazy! Though i dont know how much a performance increase that would be from say 6mb or 2mb, but man that is a lot. If u notice, the system bus is almost 1337MHz, a little OC will just about do it from 1333MHz.

the way i see it, this is going to be a big challenge for AMD phenom processor line up, n a new quad-core war will wage in benchmarks lol.

I'm curious anyone planning on getting a 45nm Intel Core Extreme "Penryn"?

no way am i buying an EE processor, the cost of that processor alone if probably higher than my budget lol

nice i forget though can anyone remind if Penryn is a whole new architure or just a shrunk down Conroe?

Like I said multiple times before....Penryn is the 45nm mobile processors. The quad core version, is the Yorkfields. And these are just a 45nm shrink of the Core 2 architecture. The next architectural change I believe, is going to be the 45nm Nehalem, in the second half of 2008.

b1gapl, just curious (not questioning) where do you find out all of your great information. I don't doubt you or anything, I would just like to be able to find some of this stuff for myself and do some reading.

I do most of my research at wiki...lol...and reading a lot here on tech forums. T.F. has basically taught me, almost everything I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom