Vista & Spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

BottleRocket

Baseband Member
I just got a new HP laptop with Vista Home Premium. With its new security features and the Norton trial for now, then switching to Avast Home, do I still need to get spyware removal software? Or is Vista secure enough?

Vista Secure enough?
Thats hilarious.....!!

Dunnue if they compatible.. But.
SpywareBlaster
Adware SE Personnel
Spybot Search and Destroy

Spybot works on Vista. I use it without any problem.

Last time I checked, Adware does not work. And I don't know anything about spyware Blaster

The newest version of AdAware does work for Vista. Yet i can say that after using Vista for the past 6 months (even with browsing with IE) i have yet to get spyware.

Hello,

Windows Vista already comes with anti spyware software called Windows Defender, which also has real-time protection. By default, it's active and running until you disable it.

I've chosen to disable Windows Defender (including the service and the scheduled task) on my Vista system as part of my Vista optimization tweaks. Instead, I run Spybot Search & Destroy regularly.

Instructions on how to disable Windows Defender here: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/31d797aa-091d-4d67-a556-dbfaf21bf0dc1033.mspx

You should always have at least one anti spyware/adware program on your system that you run regularly.

vista is secure, but you should always get more if you can....recent studies and admonitions by security companies all say none of them can keep up with all the mutations and 0-days...

i use the AVG stuff, spybot s/d, ad-aware, zone alarm...

sometimes one app doesn't catch what another will...

virii and spyware are 2 different things, Vista is pretty good at squelching a virus....but get the anti-spyware apps to bust the programs that pretend to be legit, or are known to be fishy...

only add-on software should handle the anti-spyware stuff, even MS one care...touchy grounds sometimes and better 3rd parties handle it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom