validation period almost up

Status
Not open for further replies.

suptt

Baseband Member
I just built my new computer like three weeks ago, I am using the OEM version of windows xp pro that came with my old dell laptop. Now I only have like 11 days to activate windows on my new computer and the product key that was used with my dell laptop obviously doesnt work. My question is there anything I can do to get this setup to work? If not, how can I keep all my programs and settings on my computer like they are now if I have to install a new windows xp pro cd. Because they are saying that I cannot buy an extra license for an OEM copy of windows. I have my comp. setup just like I want it and I really dont want to lose it all by intalling a new operating system. Any help would be much appreciated.

you can call the number given to activate your xp and just say its not installed on any other computer.. chances are that will work. ive done it a few times

Should I tell them its going on another dell computer or not because they said that the OEM copy wont validate on a non OEM computer. They wont even let me buy a licsense because they say the OEM copy will only go with the computer it came on.

it is but I dont really use the dell anymore. I can unistall it off the Dell if I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom