Computer won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i double check everything, including the front panel connections. I had my bro check it, he's worked on/fixes computers for about 4 or 5 years and has one he made himself, and he couldn't figure out what's wrong. He said it's probably the motherboard, it's probably DOA. We checked the connection on the ps and the power swictch connector with a volt meter, and both checked out. So that's why we think it's the mobo. I couldn't find the 115/240v switch. here's the link to the ps,
so, is there any other things i should check before i send the mobo back?

I had a similar problem with an my AMD FX 53 board A8V Deluxe . It wouldnt power on .I disconnected all power conections and cleared cmos .Reconnected everything and its been working ever sense . Do you have a light on the board ? Dont have any other sugestions good luck .

Yea this just happened to me a couple days ago, I have the 620HX Corsiar and the P5K board though. Did everything I could and seeked help. I ended up just sending the mobo back to newegg for a new one. Hope it's fixed by the time it gets back.

how would i clear the cmos. I know where the cmos jumper is, but i don't know what i should do to clear it.

how would i clear the cmos. I know where the cmos jumper is, but i don't know what i should do to clear it.

How to do it should be in the mobo manual, but it usually involves turn off all power and removing power cord, setting the jumper for maybe 5-10secs, removing the jumper(don't leave it on when you go to power up again). That should clear the cmos (on most boards).

well, I clear the cmos, but nothin'. So i guess I'll just have to send it back. Thanks for all the help. Gavin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom