emachines failing to turn on - please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

suttles

Beta member
Hello all - I apologise for making my first post here a desperate cry for help, but help is very much what I need.

I've had an emachines 370 for around four years now - windows XP, all fairly standard fare. The other day (28th July) I finished using it, closed it down and turned the monitor off.

Only, it clearly didn't shut down properly - when I next went on it about two hours later, there was a peculiar whirring sound coming from the tower. It sounded almost as if something was stuck in the fan, although I severely doubt this is what it was. There was also that annoying 'Self test check your PC and signal cable' message up on the screen. I turned the computer off at the mains because the noises were a tad too sinister for my liking. Now, I simply can't turn the computer on (and yes, I *have* switched it back on at the mains...). I've tried swapping cables and using other plug sockets etc etc, but it's as if the entire machine has just died. Any ideas? It hadn't previously shown any signs of being sluggish or in fact broken in any way, which is what has confused and aggravated me so much..

Many thanks in advance.

s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom