I know you guys get alot, But id like feed back on this PC build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terror.Sin

Beta member
Well heres the thing, My current pc is borderline to well...Yea. So I decided I needed to upgrade. This PC is basically Built for gaming and a huge upgrade. The links I provide are just from a site I found, I still am searching for a lower price.

509.99= Motherboard/CPU EVGA nForce 680i SLI NVIDIA Socket 775 ATX Motherboard (A1 Version) and an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz Socket 775OEMProcessor (EVGA nForce 680i SLI NVIDIA Socket 775 ATX Motherboard (A1 Version) and an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz Socket 775 OEM Processor at TigerDirect.com)

409.99 = Vid Card, Top of line EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS Superclocked
(EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS Superclocked 640MB GDDR3 SLI Ready PCI Express Dual DVI HDTV Video Card 640-P2-N825-AR at TigerDirect.com)

119.99 = 150 GB Hard Drive
(Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 16MB Serial ATA-300 OEM Hard Drive ST3500630AS at TigerDirect.com)

199.99 = Display 22" Widescreen LCD moniter. If Dual, other is 249.99 before August 31
(Acer AL2216WBD 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Ultra-fast 5ms, WSXGA+ 1680x1050, DVI, VGA, Black, VESA 100mm at TigerDirect.com)

139.99 = Sound card. Creative Fatality Sound card
(Creative Labs X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Sound Card 70SB046A00000 at TigerDirect.com)

79.99 = Surrond Sound 5.1 Logitech
(http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2507686&CatId=2894)

89.99 = 2Gb Ram
(OCZ SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB) OCZ2N800SR2GK at TigerDirect.com)

169.99 = Power Supply OCZ GameXstream 850 Watt
(OCZ GameXStream 850-Watt ATX 120mm Fan SATA-Ready SLI-Ready Active PFC Power Supply OCZ850GXSSLI at TigerDirect.com)

29.99 = CD/DVD lite on Drive
(Lite-on SOHC-5236K Retail DVD-ROM Combo Drive - 52x32x CD-RRW, 16x DVD-ROM, White SOHC-5236K-WHITE at TigerDirect.com)

Total ~ $1749.91

About the hard drive I have other ones around, thats just a basic 150 for the **** of it.

Thanks =D

Get the p35 ds3r. Don't need a superclocked 8800gts, get stock and overclock it yourself. I would get g.skill hz's.
Try Newegg.com and zipzoomfly.com..

edit: read it wrong

Are you planning on SLI? If not, power supply seems a bit much... SLI is a waste too...

edit: sorry, I'm tired.... good night. LOL

Get the p35 ds3r. Don't need a superclocked 8800gts, get stock and overclock it yourself. I would get g.skill hz's.
Try Newegg.com and zipzoomfly.com..

edit: read it wrong

Are you planning on SLI? If not, power supply seems a bit much... SLI is a waste too...

Where's the most important part? The CPU? Or are you upgrading?

Eh, for SLI basically i was half planning it, so maybe in near future or not.

And the most important is basically a brand new pc. So kinda both there.

Oh Sorry but one more thing. With that Video card, Am I able to per say make my monitor into HD? For my 360 and stuff because I was also going to buy a new TV but if i could just upgrade my monitor to a larger size, that would save me more. I don't know much about HD at all so sorry if that seems stupid.

Just get the regular X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card. You're just paying a lot extra for the Fatality name there.

Stay away from tiger direct... also if you are buying the gts for 409 you might as well go for the gtx for 502.

Sounds good to me Ill add that in.

Don't know anything about Tiger Direct, Just a random site, still searching for better prices. But out of curiosity what's so bad about them?

Yeah, GTX over the GTS if it is only like $100 more, it makes a big difference.

Also the 850W PSU. I got one too, but it is a thermaltake one. Toughpower 850W i think it is called. Anyway, I saw on the box of the XFX 8800GTX that it said recommended 650W i think for single, 850W for SLI maybe? Can't remember exactly. Anyway, my point is, if you are thinking of SLIing later on when the 9 series comes out so the GTXs drop in price, which is what I plan on doing, then yeah, go for the slightly more expensive PSU that is overkill now but useful later.

Would be a pain and expensive to have to get a lower PSU, then need to change it later on. Excess power capabilities can't hurt, but not enough can! lol

Good luck mate

Just get the regular X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card. You're just paying a lot extra for the Fatality name there.

this guy got it right on the money. I got my X-fi xtreme gamer card for 50 at circuit city after MIR! now thats a steal although i think the deal already ended. Anyways all the X-fi cards are basically the same ( higher up models like the one you selected has "X-Ram" which is useless unless a game supports it and it rarely does ), so its better to get my model at less then half the price.

I third this, xtremegamer > fata1ity

Also, do not purchase the overclocked version.
Overclocking a graphics card yourself is so easy its not even funny. So the extra $20 or so bucks could be spent on something else like a bigger hard drive or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom