Laptop Screen won't turn on after i close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
When my laptop is on and i close the lid, the screen is supposed to turn off until you open it again. But now the screen does not turn on when i open it. So i have to restart the computer to turn the screen back on. And in the power properties i set it to "When i close the lid of my laptop -- Do Nothing"

What type of laptop. What OS. Does it have proprietary power management software.

We have this problem on our toshiba laptops here at work, no matter how many times we set the power management it still puts itself into hybernation. HAve you tried pressing the power button? From the sound of it, the laptop is just going into sleep mode and not waking up when you open it.

Yeah, more info is needed. What OS and do you know if it's going to sleep or just the screen turning off? Listen to it closely and see if you can hear the sound of the hard drive change or something.

If the "switch" or sensor or whatever it is that causes the screen to switch off is actually working to switch it off.. then it's most likely a software issue, so don't worry. There's a way to figure it out.

Its a dell inspiron B130 running windows xp sp2. It has a Celeron M proccessor with 768mb's or ram. Its not hibernation because hdd light is still blinking and if i press the power button the lights turn off and i can hear the windows xp shut off tune.

see if there is a little power switch that tuns off the screen, i have seen one that got stuck down.

I will post a pick of one of the switches if you are wondering what I am on about when I can get to my camera.

Thats what i thought, because other laptops that i have seen have had a very small switch. But this laptop does not seem to have one.....

Most new laptops turn off the screen with a switch inside the hinges. If you watch closely, most screens go off before the laptop is fully closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom