AMD + Artic Silver = AMD warranty void.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Intel and AMD require that the provided heatsink/fan/thermal compound is used for warranty.

Thats whey them make OEM versions. You have 30 days to return it if its DOA.

I read awhile back that technically if you don't install the AMD processor into a specific brand of motherboard, your warranty is void as well.

I'm sure Intel has stupid *** rules like these anyway too. But they will never know wtf you had on your CPU for thermal grease if you clean it off good enough and they definitely won't know what motherboard it was installed into either.

AS5 = overclocking, as far as AMD is concerned. AS5 is not your backyard variety of thermal paste.

Why should they warranty cpus that are probably being OCd?

I would make the same rule. These things are only necessary for overclockers...which they shouldn't warranty.

Well surely they'll never know. Just clean the thermal grease / compound thoroughly and don't tell them.

solution keep the stock cpu fan clean up the chip stick the fan on so the thermal paste is stock and looks like you have used stock all long. get a blow torch burn the chip to a smoldering lump and post to AMD :D

Why should they warranty cpus that are probably being OCd?
Exactly. Intel would void the warranty if they thought the CPU had been OCed to death. It's just common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom