How can I adjust FSB:RAM ratio on P35-DS3R mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashogun

(>-_-)>
I have a Gigabyte P35-DS3R motherboard along with an e6750 two G.Skill 1GB DDR2 800 ram sticks which came as 4-4-4-12.

The problem I'm having is that I cannot find anywhere in the p35's bios in which I can change the FSB : DRAM ratio. Currently I have my e6750 overclocked to 3.2Ghz with a FSB of 400Mhz and a multiplier of 8.

CPU-Z says that my memory is running at 480Mhz with a FSB : DRAM ratio of 5:6. The timings were set automatically to 5-6-6-18.

I think you have to set the RAM multiplier to 2. This should give you a ratio of 1:1

Awesome, that did the trick.

Is it possible to change the memory timings? My M.I.T. looks exactly like this (I found this picture off google) and I can't find anywhere that says CAS/RAS/ram timings.

mit-s.jpg

I think you have to set the RAM multiplier to 2. This should give you a ratio of 1:1

b1gapl u freaking genius,... u gotta help me if i get a Yorkfield... when i overclock, nagasama if i go phenom

TO be able to change the timing for that mobo you have to hit ctrl + F1 in the main bios menu, this will activate the advanced controls, then go into the menu you have the pic of and you can adjust timing. The manual doesn't mention this anywhere, I had to look it up on forums.

Funny I asked this same question here today (its a few posts down. Yeah just set the multiplier to 2 and you can the manually set it to 4:4:4:12.

Now that I have 1:1 CPU-Z somehow displays my speed as 2.4Ghz (400Mhz and 6multiplier)

But when I go to My Comp -> Properties it says 3.2Ghz

3dmark06 also says my computer is 3.2Ghz

Why did the multiplier change in CPU-Z from 8 to 6 after I made the Ram multiplier 2:confused:

Now that I have 1:1 CPU-Z somehow displays my speed as 2.4Ghz (400Mhz and 6multiplier)

But when I go to My Comp -> Properties it says 3.2Ghz

3dmark06 also says my computer is 3.2Ghz

Why did the multiplier change in CPU-Z from 8 to 6 after I made the Ram multiplier 2:confused:

That is a power saving feature I as I was told, I get the same exact thing (cause we have like the same exact system). Once you start running something to put a load on the CPU the multiplier will jump up to 8x. Watch it when you run 3dmark or another stress tester.

Thanks BlueHeaven, The CTRL F1 worked, which surprised me as I never knew that option existed -_- Should've labeled it in the manual

We almost have the same hardware so hopefully this is normal that it displays 2.4Ghz.

Edit:

This is interesting. When I run SP2004 on both cores, the core speed instantly jumps from 2.4 to 3.2Ghz.

If I'm not mistaken...that is the SpeedStep technology, that brings your multiplier or speed down, when you're not doing anything, CPU intensive. You can disable this if you want to, if you don't want the speed going down.

You do this by going to the Advanced BIOS Features menu, in the BIOS. And then disable CPU EIST Function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom