Should I use XP Pro 64 bit or Vista 32 bit for my new gaming build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint71

In Runtime
I will be building a new system tomorrow and I have a choice of installing Vista or XP 64 bit. Which one should I use guys. I have heard that Vista is slower in games and have integrated spying and anti piracy software. Is this true?

I will be building a new system tomorrow and I have a choice of installing Vista or XP 64 bit. Which one should I use guys. I have heard that Vista is slower in games and have integrated spying and anti piracy software. Is this true?

slower..... but spyware none that i've seen... or noticed.... but if u get Vista disable a bunch of stuff, Aero, Superfetch, and a bunch of stuff

but i need to know system specs because if u don't have enough ram, getting vista is useless

Vista 64 bit is pretty good, and more futureproof. You system could definately handle it.

As for spyware, i havent heard anything like that. As for performance, you might get 1 or 2 fps less than in xp, but that will change as graphics drivers get more optimized for vista.

u need 4gb for perfomance in 64-bit like we recommend 2gb for 32-bit Vista

Well I guess I will install Vista then. Look for a new thread tomorrow with pictures of my new build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom