Power usage of "sleep mode"

Status
Not open for further replies.

og5

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

I've recently upgraded from my old desktop to a new laptop with vista and notice the default option is sleep. I never really used sleep before but I did like how much faster it booted up compared to a regular startup.

I was wondering how much power sleep mode uses. Can I leave it on sleep for several days and be fine, or is sleep mode only for day long stretches and less?

Well, at Vista's sleep mode you may encounter some problems, till now it does not boot up faster than the usual boot. However to mine does not even work properly. I think you should take further details and feedback from other users who have not encountered errors like that. VISTA ULTIMATE UPG 32bit.

Well, at Vista's sleep mode you may encounter some problems, till now it does not boot up faster than the usual boot. However to mine does not even work properly. I think you should take further details and feedback from other users who have not encountered errors like that. VISTA ULTIMATE UPG 32bit.
Huh, it always boots up faster...like, instantly. Where are your comparisons coming from? (Or why would you make them, when yours doesn't work properly?)

There are a lot of hardware / driver issues with Vista's standby/sleep, but many PCs work fine. I haven't timed it, but a fresh battery lasts in the days-range.

You can also use (or consider using) hibernate - the inbetween - it saves everything to disk and shuts off completely, so it'll take longer to start up, but it won't be a fresh boot.

I guess it just depends how long you use your laptop / for what purposes...to know if letting it sit for a few days would be a good / bad thing. I know my new HP laptop (with Vista) plays some games in that area, which I haven't cared to change as it works out pretty nicely - shut the lid: sleep mode. After being in sleep mode for X hours, it goes into hibernation. (I use it purely at school...so...it works great...and I'd guess it is a Vista option in the power management.)

:eek:

I have an external WD 250GByte which delays the normal windows load at 40 seconds when I recover my pc from sleep it will load up in 5 minutes. I have a desktop PC :

INTEL Pentium IV (4) 3,06GHZ 1gbyte DDR ram 512mbyte DDR2 ATI RADEON X1600 330GByte TOTAL HD CAPACITY (80 Internal 250 external). Yes I rarely use hibernate and works fine. I don't often use it cause most of the time the pc is constantly running MIN 10Hours/day max 24Hours/day. Despite I have a Half KiloWatt charger it won't affect the monthly bill.

I have to add that my VISTA OS is quite pir@ted. I've bought them but I won't reinstall them till a major problem anyway. However, I don't think that anything will change if I change the product key.

I have an external WD 250GByte which delays the normal windows load at 40 seconds when I recover my pc from sleep it will load up in 5 minutes. I have a desktop PC :

INTEL Pentium IV (4) 3,06GHZ 1gbyte DDR ram 512mbyte DDR2 ATI RADEON X1600 330GByte TOTAL HD CAPACITY (80 Internal 250 external). Yes I rarely use hibernate and works fine. I don't often use it cause most of the time the pc is constantly running MIN 10Hours/day max 24Hours/day. Despite I have a Half KiloWatt charger it won't affect the monthly bill.

I have to add that my VISTA OS is quite pir@ted. I've bought them but I won't reinstall them till a major problem anyway. However, I don't think that anything will change if I change the product key.
Yeah that might be part of the problem... but, does this post imply that you're running Windows off the external drive? :eek:

Well first problem. Dotn pirate Vista cause all the pirated version have been tampered with.

2nd Vista waking from sleep does not have any issues. You might come across after 3 or 4 days that you cant access the net but can get email. Just a quick restart solves that.

It is Hibernate that has present issues not Sleep mode. Alos just download the 2 newest hotfixes. They are beta but they help resolve these issues.

And mssssee...next time you compalin about a vista problem. I am gonna quote you that it is pirated and then tell you to get legit. Only then will you REALLY know what a Vista problem is. Till then be quite about all the "issues" you face when they all stem from your pirated versions which have been hacked to death to try and remove activation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom