Harddrive won't recognize full capacity...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT11

Baseband Member
First of all, this isn't the normal explanation for it...

I bought a 500 gig harddrive...which Samsung doesn't recognize as a product anymore...

Anyways, XP only recognizes it as 127 gigs...my bios recognizes the full 500 gigs...

Any ideas?

Run>compmgmt.msc
Under Storage>Disk Management>Does it see the full size?

ALSO: Does the disc even include Service Pack 1?

Yep, it sees the full size. EDIT: Er, nevermind, it says 127 gigs capacity...although it does say 337 gigs unallocated...

And yes, I have SP2.

EDIT: It also says...465.76 gb online...

EDIT: I think I can just make a new partition to solve it...

EDIT: Guess I'll get some software to merge partitions.

I have the same problem, i have a 160 gb hdd & windows is saying its 127 & i have un partitioned space = 22 gb ive tryed resizing my current partitions & it dosnt work it says i have no free space ? the only way around it is to create a new partition i hope someone has a fix for this....

In control panel/Computer Management/Storage/Disk Managment: Righnt click in the management pane for that drive and reformat and Allocate it to the full size. If it shows more than one partition, chose delete partition first for each partition and then right click to format and allocate the drive.

Partition Magic is ftw. symantec owns it now, I doubt it's chalked full of computer destroying viruses :D.

Worked flawlessly. Just merged my partition with the unallocated space.

EDIT: By the way, piracy here is "don't ask, don't tell" right? XD

In control panel/Computer Management/Storage/Disk Managment: Righnt click in the management pane for that drive and reformat and Allocate it to the full size. If it shows more than one partition, chose delete partition first for each partition and then right click to format and allocate the drive.

Formatting primary partition FTW ;)

Partition Magic is ftw. symantec owns it now, I doubt it's chalked full of computer destroying viruses :D.

Worked flawlessly. Just merged my partition with the unallocated space.

EDIT: By the way, piracy here is "don't ask, don't tell" right? XD

Its ok to mention it in an obscure way, like : "dont ask, dont tell", ";) sources", "sharing", etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom