Acer Aspire 5004 DEAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDiesel

Baseband Member
My brother was on his Acer Aspire 5004 and all of a sudden it said it was going into hibernation and powered off. This was about a month ago, and it hasn't powered on since. The power supply is good because we tried another know good one. The CMOS battery has juice, so I think that is ok. Does he possibly have a failed mainboard? Any suggestions? It is running Windows XP home.

Acers tend to do that. If it's not powering on at all (no lights, beeps, anything like that) then it probably is something like a failed mainboard. Is it still under warranty?

Actually the warranty just ended in March. The power light just recently started coming on yellow, and then turning green but the machine doesn't power up.

Hello,

Have you tried a different battery?

Also, have you tried to see if the laptop will power on with the battery removed and just the power adapter connected?

Hello,

I see. Didn't know you removed the battery already.

If you've used an identical power supply that's compatible, and have tried replacing the CMOS battery with a new one, then it would seem that something on the motherboard is faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom