Building a Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheOtis, when exactly is the future going to come? I've been waiting for multithreading...So, if multithreading becomes more and more popular, you can just upgrade next year to the NEW QUADS that will destroy this lame Q6600.

Their are plenty of dual core patches for games eg: Quake 4.

Also, like another gentleman said, next year is a long time away. Intel's coming out with their next wave that's going ot be 45nm. So?

He's building his rig NOW. You can always wait for the next big and best thing, but if you do, you'lll be waiting forever, becaue theirs ALWAYS new stuff coming out.

How in the world is anything Intel has out now even close to being considered "lame?"

Their's always going to be "new quads that will destroy". That's how things work. New CPU's and video cards always come out, you could make that "wait" argument forever.

I think we have a hater on our hands, or someone that knows absolutely nothing about the industry.

First of all, wherever you found the Q6600 is NOT Newegg, making fast delivery not happen. ZZF is where i see the Q6600 at 295, but ZZF had disgusting shipping. Tell me this: I order my 620hx, and I put 2 day delivery, and it's supposed to come ON AUGUST 7th. Nothing has Newegg type delivery. Tigerdirect is offering it for 290, but it doesn't have the newegg type shipping. Third, you could save 100 bucks approximately by NOT GETTING THE Q6600 and getting teh E6750. Um at least make a good defense for your situation because the one you have right now is horrible. Last time i checked, you could do multiple things with the E6750 without slowing down...Next year is a long time, but it is definately worth the wait for something that will DIE next year. The Q6600 is going to be flushed down the toilet next year. And when you say the Q6600 is faster than any dual processor, what in the world do you mean? Games do better with an OCED E6750 than they would with an OC Q6600. NO regular application uses multi threading so it wouldn't be faster. Yes, of course there would be newer processors every year...Do you expect technology to stop moving? I would save 100 and upgrade next year to something THAT WOULD LAST.

But how much will that new processor cost. I'm sure not as good of a price for the Quad core. It might be out of my price range.

Who told you that Q6600 will die next year ??

E6600 was released last year on July 2006 and it is still one of the most powerful processors today !!!

I pretty sure that Q6600 is going to be a solid processor for at least 2 years.....

Third, you could save 100 bucks approximately by NOT GETTING THE Q6600 and getting teh E6750.

You would get two extra cores for just 100 bucks !!! 100 bucks is noting in my opinion........

Third, you could save 100 bucks approximately by NOT GETTING THE Q6600 and getting teh E6750.

I mean by overall performance

Here is a benchmark comparison between Q6600 and E6850
AnandTech: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 and Massive Price Cuts

Well, it really depends on the budget. If you have a high budget like the topic holder, then you can go for the Q6600, and upgrade maybe somewhat after the new processors come out. If not, then i would get the E6750 and upgrade as soon as they come out. Well, you know what a hassle it is to get something as soon as it comes out.

But how much will that new processor cost. I'm sure not as good of a price for the Quad core. It might be out of my price range.

Yes, thats why it is better to get Q6600 now, because next generation quad cores might be expensive and out of your price range..........

And next generation quad core that will be within your price range will not be more than 30% faster than Q6600

Next generation AMD and Intel processors are not out yet so we don't know how exactly they will perform.........

But I doubt that the mainstream quad core will be more than 20-30% faster than Q6600

And high-end ones might perform more than 30%-40% faster but hey are going to cost much more than $300

The price of Q6600 has already dropped, so it is better to get that now than waiting for 4-5months for next generation processor and they might be expensive when hey first come out...............

Their are plenty of dual core patches for games eg: Quake 4.

Also, like another gentleman said, next year is a long time away. Intel's coming out with their next wave that's going ot be 45nm. So?

He's building his rig NOW. You can always wait for the next big and best thing, but if you do, you'lll be waiting forever, becaue theirs ALWAYS new stuff coming out.

How in the world is anything Intel has out now even close to being considered "lame?"

Their's always going to be "new quads that will destroy". That's how things work. New CPU's and video cards always come out, you could make that "wait" argument forever.

I think we have a hater on our hands, or someone that knows absolutely nothing about the industry.

^ that would be me, dang ur polite....

i agree with maroon1 on this one

Um theotis: did i ever say WAIT TO BUILD your computer next year? So um you're wrong about that. And i'm telling him to save money and wait. Nothing wrong about that. Where the heck did you get the word, "hater." I'm am no hater. But if that's what you're calling me, then i guess you are wrong...I know nothing about the industry? you make nada sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom