Will my pc will be able to handle Crysis when it comes out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
I have a pc that i built a while ago right before the core 2 duo's just came out. I was wondering if it could handle Crysis when it comes out, or if maybe if i upgrade a few things than i can play it. Because i don't want to have to build a whole new rig if i don't have to. Here's my specs(Also in my sig):

-Asus A8N-E s939 NF4 Ultra
-AMD Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.4ghz
-2x512mb corsair value ram ddr400
-radeon x1800gto pci-e
-Maxtor 200GB Sata
-Raidmax 380watt PSU

All help is appreciated, its been a while since i got back into computers again lol.

You would need to upgrade, if you want to play Crysis at even low acceptable settings. Even the computer in my sig, won't play Crysis on high settings, or possibly medium. All I need is to upgrade the video card, which I'm saving for.

I think it will run fine on low setting

However, it would be better to have at least dual core processor for Crysis, and X1800GTO is not a very good video card.

Hmm, thanks for the input guys. I was thinking of maybe getting a dual core cpu for my current mobo, some more ram, and a new vc. There's an AMD X2 3800 for $69 on newegg, and I'm sure i can find some cheap ram there to bump me up to 2 gigs, and as far as the video cards go how much better would a 8600gt be than my x1800gto? This is if I don't decide to upgrade to AM2/C2Duo.

8600GT will be just slightly better, you need to get at least something like 8800GTS 320MB

Or it would be better to wait for Nvidia midranged 9xxx series

Edit: And crysis will be out on late 2007, so why you want to upgrade now ? If I were I would wait and make new build late this year....

November I thought. Thats only like 3 months away lol. If what you are saying about the video cards is true, then I should just buy a new C2Duo now, like a e6400, and a mobo to go with it and some ram. Then i can just keep my 1800gto until those cards come out that you were talking about.

the 8600gt is a dud card no-one should buy it as the ati x1950 gives better performance for the same price and the 8800gts 320mb version is only a bit more and gives a huge performance increase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom