overclocking..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
download the omega drivers which come with ATITool and radlinker. there you can overclock it.

omega drivers?.. no need to goto that extent, although some people say they're better, i prefer the good ol catalyst drivers from ati.. You can download a program called Power strip, or Rage 3D, either of those programs work great and it will allow you to change the speeds of your card without having to change the drivers.

Do a search on this forum. It was posted numerous times as to how to overclock your card safely. I know I posted it quite often.

ok i downloaded the rage3d program, and i dont know what to do with the core clock or the memory clock, and in the rage3d tweak tab, is there anything in there i can check that will improve my gfx card performance

Start with memory and increase it by a small amount (1 or 2 MHz) then run an intensive 3d app such as 3dmark 2003 for a few minutes. Check for artifacts (distortion in display). If none, then repeat process until artifacts appear. Once there, go back a few MHz until you have them no more and that's your memory overclocked.

Repeat same steps with core.

I personally prefer radclocker or ATITOOL for overclocking but then, that's your choice....

some poeple also prefer the Omega drivers (do google search) with their cards, again, a question of choice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom