Video Card clocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bankfishin

Baseband Member
So I was looking at the specs for a couple video cards and noticed there was a memory clock and a core clock. What is the difference and when you overclock a card is it one or the other or both? I was trying to figure out why these 3 cards were so different in price. Is it just because they are overclocked? And can the lower priced one be overclocked to match the other 2?

EVGA 256-P2-N751-TR GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

EVGA 256-P2-N765-AR GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Superclocked HDCP Video Card - Retail

BFG Tech BFGE86256GTSOC2FE GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

yeah you can overclock both the clocks but there will be a limit to how much youcan overclcok

The non-overclocked versions, can overclock to match the other overclocked speeds. Companies just factory overclock others, to make extra money off newbs.

The non-overclocked versions, can overclock to match the other overclocked speeds. Companies just factory overclock others, to make extra money off newbs.

yep.. only really nooby noobs buy those factory overclocked cards, unless they are cheaper than all the normal clocks ones, then ppl will buy the cheap ones

yep.. only really nooby noobs buy those factory overclocked cards, unless they are cheaper than all the normal clocks ones, then ppl will buy the cheap ones

Or unless the stocks are out of stock... for 3 hours... 3 hours in which you place your freakin order... grrrr.

actually my sapphire 9250 purchase was like that, only ones available and actually it was the cheapest too... meh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom