A sneak peek at DirectX 10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good question. I wonder if they're going to name the releasing like they did with previous DX versions.

Maybe this time they're using numbers instead of letters?

actually, the way i see it, their not going to use letters of the alphabet, BUT instead numbers, like 1,2,3,4,5,6.....etc. I like the numbers better.

let me clear this up. an 8800GTX CANNOT supprot DX 10.1. If you dont believe me, fine, but its your money that you are wasting If you want 10.1 with 8800GTX.

Besides, DX10.1 is no big deal. It just optimizes textures, AA, and sound.

I agree with what Vaanish said. The current DX10 cards are not fully compliant with DX10.1....Only cards like the GeForce 9 series and so forth, are fully compliant with DX10.1....I've heard though, that DX10.1 is backwards compatible with DX10.

Besides, DX10.1 is no big deal. It just optimizes textures, AA, and sound.

I agree with what Vaanish said. The current DX10 cards are not fully compliant with DX10.1....Only cards like the GeForce 9 series and so forth, are fully compliant with DX10.1....I've heard though, that DX10.1 is backwards compatible with DX10.

Hmmmm. Quite interesting. I wonder why they did those? Can't say that's very fair to those who purchased a 8800GTX or an Ultra.

Then again, those people are the hardcore enthusiests, so it probably won't be that big of a deal to them.

I wonder if the difference between DX10 and DX10.1 will be very large? I mean it's only 10.1. It's not like it's 10.5 or 10.9 or something.

Again....DX10.1 is no big deal. It's just a revision that gives more control over textures, AA, and implementing sound.

...and it's not like you need DX10.1 to play upcoming DX10 games, like Crysis. So don't worry.

Well it's b1gapl. I'd pretty much trust what he says over anyone else on here. And Trotter, they know their stuff.

no i trust Vernon eh? i see how it is.... don't hate da' 14 year ole' player, hate the game :) lol jk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom