Norton Definations

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom555

In Runtime
Hi,
I have been keeping my pc virus definations uptodate! How should i uninstall the old virus definations?
Another thing i have read the readme files of new virus definations. Written are the names of many viruses that have been found. But aren't there any solutions for the High risked old viruses that have already affected many harddrives? As every anti-virus software never repairs any virus infections! Also isn't virus a small section of the hard drive that is manipulated with!

---------------
phantom

-As for uninstalling the "old virus definitions": you shouldn't have to worry about that, as they take up only a very small amount of space to begin with.

-As for your anti-virus software never "repairing virus infections": most anti virus software will not actually "repair" anything, but more less attempt to delete the infection or quarantine it so that it affects your computer no more. Malicious software (malware) is best taken care of before if begins to cause problems or infect other files because once files are corrupted by the malware, they can very rarely be returned to their original state without a system restore or other software not included with your anti virus.

-My advice is that you uninstall Nortons and download a free copy of AVG, which I find to be much more useful and far less troublesome than Nortons.

::-Chase-::

Hi,
What do you mean by malicious software?, do you have any examples?
And what did you meant by 'or other software'? Are you trying to refer over here to softwares like Spybot and other such?
----------------------------------------------------

As for me,
I am keeping norton. I like it cause its detection is quick! I have even run some other softwares like abacre antivirus and it detected a worm in a VB file! Though i never thought about deleting it. Then i even run spyware doctor antivirus and it showed no detections!
Still i feel that even just after a year my new computer performance has become somewhat low.
I have this thought about viruses. That these might be already present in the harddrive and the installed programs. And all the computers might be connected without internet by a common satellite right from 1990s! Then all the work from the remotest pc operated by a low geek is being monitored. And just from after months after months for a every new move a new virus is being activated so as to disintegrate the pc!
Now some of you might say- hey are you talking about 2050?
No!
What do you say?

----------------
phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom