DVD Sound Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

marblez

In Runtime
Hello all.

For a long time my computer has had trouble with movies on DVD. It plays the video fine, and it actually does a lot of the sound fine, but the problem is I can't hear the actors' dialogue. For example, on my Revenge of the Sith DVD I can hear the fighter ships, gun blasts, and lightsabers fine. I can't, however, hear Anakin and Obi-Wan talking as they're talking.
In Apacalypto (I've only watched the opening scene) I can hear the pig running through the jungle, the people killing him and cutting it up, but I can't hear their talk (I know it's not in English but I still can't hear it).
DVD player handles games fine. Here is the DVD player. Bought it OEM so I dunno what software I'm supposed to install. However, I did install the K-Lite codec pack but it didn't help.
Any help would be appreciated.

If you need system specs:
1 gb DDrR 400
Nvidia Evga 7600GT
AMD Toledo 4400 Socket 939
A8N SLi-Premium Mobo

EDIT:

Problem Fixed. Ended up finding a decoder on bearshare.

That usually has to do with your speaker setup. If your sound card thinks you have a center speaker, like a 5.1 system, then it sends all the speech to that speaker. If your only using two then they don't receive that signal. Make sure your audio setup is correctly configured for the speakers you have.

can you change the audio mode in the movie to stereo? Your sound card may not be able to handle Dolby digital/DTS very well.
do you have a 5.1 setup btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom