Linking case audio to soundcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydzy

In Runtime
Hey,

So I got an Audigy 4, and my case has connection ports for headphone and microphone which would be so **** handy at the top of my computer. They are made to be plugged into the motherboard and do it through there, but apparently then they would just be using the inbuilt audio on the motherboard.

Was wondering if there is any way to connect them to the audio jacks on my soundcard so I don't need to reach around the back of my comp whenever I wanna plug in my headphones.

Hey,

So I got an Audigy 4, and my case has connection ports for headphone and microphone which would be so **** handy at the top of my computer. They are made to be plugged into the motherboard and do it through there, but apparently then they would just be using the inbuilt audio on the motherboard.

Was wondering if there is any way to connect them to the audio jacks on my soundcard so I don't need to reach around the back of my comp whenever I wanna plug in my headphones.

i know what you mean, and i want the same thing for my computer too. what you need to do is examine the soundcard and see if there is an male connector poking up that looks the same as the one on the mothboard for audio_out and connect the case jacks too that. good luck and tell me if you solve this problem.

nah, the only connector the soundcard got is from the optical drive to the sound card, which you dont bother using anymore considering that was only necessary for REALLY REALLY old school optical drives.

hmm i couldnt find a pin for my soundcard either. sorry i cant help, but maybe there's some way of connecting the soundcard to the case audio through the motherboard. i dont know, im just speculating.

mmm, yeah, i think it just defaults through to the motherboard sound drivers.
then again, i got those disabled in windows, wonder if the mobo will figure it out? might try tweaking something in bios or something, idk

if anyone has any ideas please leave a post, ill report back if i have any luck

thanks for your help murdoc

there are do it yourself guides for this however sometimes it's hit and miss but here you go.
Creative Labs X-Fi/Audigy Sound Card to Front Case Port Adapter Cable Products Model: SB-FP-AC97 [SB-FP-AC97] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come (premade one if you feel lazy)

http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/7928/soundcardj13vq.gif (they are all layed out the same more or less)
How to: Connect Front Panel to X-Fi Music - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Note: Only some audigy4's seem to have the connector above, if not you're fairly SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom