Dumbest Mod you've made to get your pc to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
its my server I bought the parts and brought into school.............. I then rented out the hdd space to people so that they could save there excess data without worrying about the school checking it so I provided a unregelated storage server with password protection for your individual partition. once I had earned the money it took to build it back and the profit to build my gaming rig I also earnt a little extra for my time as it ttook quite a while to research and setup...

way back before case modding was around,, and wayyy before they had special light kits for computers... Back when i was young and stupid, i decided to take a car headlight bulb, spray paint it high temp blue. I connected it to the 5V circuit on my board and blew the entire circuit out.

Lets see here.... lmao, this isnt a mod but it is funny. I was looking at p0rn and my machine locked up. I realized that i forgot to hook up my cpu fan on one of the old round mesh looking heatsinks.the ones that had the long copper core with thein aluminum pieces sticking out.touched it and scolded my finger. fried the cpu and killed the mobo

way back before case modding was around,, and wayyy before they had special light kits for computers... Back when i was young and stupid, i decided to take a car headlight bulb, spray paint it high temp blue. I connected it to the 5V circuit on my board and blew the entire circuit out.

Lets see here.... lmao, this isnt a mod but it is funny. I was looking at p0rn and my machine locked up. I realized that i forgot to hook up my cpu fan on one of the old round mesh looking heatsinks.the ones that had the long copper core with thein aluminum pieces sticking out.touched it and scolded my finger. fried the cpu and killed the mobo

lol!!! nice job...

I personally built a ninja warrior course to turn on my PC.

kidding 1st post in a while

HII NAGASAMA!!!

thankyou I am very proud of it lol I don't care I want a new one it is 4 years old now but still runs at acceptable levels for school and with my desktop and server I don't actually use it as a main pc it runs for around 4 hours though and if you really power it down to minimal processes and screen at its lowest setting and wireless off it has lasted upto 5 which means I don't have to charge it if I have a hole morning of lessons/lectures.

Why don't you pay attention to those and learn what a run-on is! Lol. That's one of your worst, I must say.

I remember one I did just recently. I reprogrammed a digital tv tuner at work because we were selling them on ebay and they couldn't work without a new ui. After delving for the first time into Linux and finishing the upgrades I needed to know if they worked. These tuners require an antenna, like bunny ears, to function but we didn't have any at the office so I decided to make one. I took about 10' of scrap Cat5 cable twisted two wires at one end together, wrapped one wire of the other end around a paperclip and stuck it in the Coax hole and scotch taped the other wire to the threads on the outside of the Coax port. Whala! Instant CNN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom