Playing in Surround Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
Ok, so I have a nice, new system... 7.1 Surround Sound sounded really great, so I worked it in. I'm running a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE sound card, and the Creative Labs 7.1 Surround Sound Speaker System.

Well all that's well and good, but I can't get it to work with anything!

The ONLY thing that has used any of my Surround Sound capabilities is Half Life 2, and that only touched the Rear Left and Right channels (not the sides). IMHO, that's ok - 5.1 is more than sufficient... yet, nothing else has used any channels other than the front 2.

Battlefield 2142 (claims to support X-fi Audio, yet still won't play in more than 2 channels)

5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound DVDs (this one makes me really mad... They're SUPPOSED to be 5.1, and I rented them specifically for that experience... and nothing, only 2 channels)

So my question is... how do I make my Surround Sound Audio system play nice with other apps (like BF2142), and more pressing at the moment anyway, what media player do I have to use with the DVDs to get them to play in 5.1?

Windows Mediaplayer 11 won't touch it.

What OS are you running? If it is Vista you need to buy the Creative ALchemy application.

XP Pro

I did find a DVD player that worked, now... AVS DVD Player lets me work with 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom