Mic working, but not in this computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeeRoMaKi

In Runtime
Okay, I just recently got my computer fixed due to a new power supply, old one was a 450w ..new one is only a 430 but brand name.. in any case my mic used to work in the computer but now it doesn't he mic will work in another laptop, but for some reason my computer won't read it.. i've tried installing/reinstalling and even updated the drivers and still.. no go.. the bar sits at 1 green always and never reads it. Any Ideas? also I do have a very old sound blast live sound card but just fixing my pc i really don't wanna use more power, and honestly forgot how to install a soundcard (like which plug is the cd in and aux in and if i even have to have those plugged in anything) as it's been so long since i've used a sound card. anyways please give me ideas and if I must try this card ..tell me which cd in or tad or anux in plug i need plugged in lol

oh btw my audio motherboard is Realtek AC97 Audio and yes i have downloaded and installed the upgraded driver.. WDM_A400

(just relized there was a fourm just for audio so.. this is going to be the wrong fourm for this so~ sorry hehe)

You could have changed the settings and changed your hardware input mixer line to something else.. try playing music and recording.. if you can record that and not you, that's what happened. If it doesn't, that doesn't mean it's not the problem per say but good luck.. never fun when things just don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom