What is the cheapest build possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kharn

Lord Techie,
Ok what if you had to build a rig from scratch to sell at a profit, What is the cheapest possible rig you could build including Monitor and Keyboard and mouse.

easy.. its our favorite budget build... u can jack up the price because this board has the features of a 680i board and those are usually pricey, plus the cpu is really overclockable,

evga 590
x2 3600+ brisbane
7900gs
generic keyboard and mouse
xclio greatpower 550
coolermaster elite 330
get a 160gb HD
and a dvd-rw drive
this costs about 500$ but u can get 600-700 easily on an idiot

if you overclock the the processor to a better level say 3.2ghz lol really push it and then right a load of ******** about it being dual core=double the speed that most people believe.

I would go with a 8500 or 8600 gfx card instead they are dud cards but most people don't know that and you can push the dx10 next gen factor

you forgot ram vernong your losing it :) stick in 1gb of no name ram perhaps 2gig if you think its going to help with selling

the problem comes because people in the majority market will want to have vista so you will need to buy vista which will jack up the price of the build quite a bit I would go with home premium. because its PREMIUM most people will think its great

Pentium Ds are cheaper...so are Celerons, Semprons, Pentium 4s...

If someone has basic computing needs...they should build a basic computer.

no he's trying to make the most profit so needs it to be blaggable the pentium 4's are old everyone knows that dual core is where its at.

pentium d you might get away with but the amd would be cheaper mobo/cpu wise and overclocks further allowing more blag factor

I don't think the average consumer even knows what parts are in his pc. I know most of the people I know do not know what cpu they have, what ram they have...many of them do know the HD size though, heh.

I was doing a bar quiz in some random bar with some friends and they didn't even know what cpu stood for, they knew it was in a computer though one thought it meant controller programming unit...... wtf where on earth did he get that from. most of my friends are beach bums and "jocks" though so perhaps that isn't particularly representative

anyway the amd system would be better because you can overclock the proccessor well and then say it runs at 3ghz and dual core most ppl think this equals 6ghz of performance and therefore super fast which is not true.

And... Pentiums 4s/Ds naturally clock at higher ghz...

$50 for a Dual Core Pentium D stock at 2.66ghz...could overclock to...4? I don't know, I don't overclock.

if you overclock the the processor to a better level say 3.2ghz lol really push it and then right a load of ******** about it being dual core=double the speed that most people believe.

I would go with a 8500 or 8600 gfx card instead they are dud cards but most people don't know that and you can push the dx10 next gen factor

you forgot ram vernong your losing it stick in 1gb of no name ram perhaps 2gig if you think its going to help with selling

the problem comes because people in the majority market will want to have vista so you will need to buy vista which will jack up the price of the build quite a bit I would go with home premium. because its PREMIUM most people will think its great

whoops... bonehead move on my part, thats what happens when u try to do AP hw and tech forums @ the same time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom