Anyone got a tuniq tower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its realy not that hard , i had to grind a small area on the support bracket for the back of the mobo . There was a small diode that was very close to the plate when mounted. I also took the liberty and lapped the heatsink .

When my Tuniq shows up I will make a video and take pictures on how to lap both the processor and heatsink. I will include everything from materials and prices to techniques that I have read other people trying. Frett not! Your questions will be answered!

In the mean time here is an excellent site where you can learn how to do it yourself.
Heat Sink Lapping Installation Guides-HeatSink Truing Guide-Best Computer Online Store Houston Buy Discount Prices Texas-Directron.com

when are you doing your build?

BTW no offense but I think that guide for lapping the heat sink goes WELL beyond the average ability of a new computer builder. I'll just take my chances and decide to leave it stock

dude.. gabb if your cafefull enough nothing will happen, just make sure not to put to much. Cause you can always just wipe it off if it isnt spread correctly... and then re-apply.

Heres a novel idea, if your buying an aftermarket heat sink try lapping the one your CPU came with, what else were you going to do with it? Trying it will give you the confidence you need. Its really simple, Heatsink + sandpaper + water + elbow grease = ub3r mod you can brag about to fine hunnys!

There are tons of websites dedicated to lapping and there are even kits you can buy that come with everything you need + step by step instructions. Google FTW!!

its real easy to do the instructions that come with the tuniq r all that is needed. i did it easy. so u should be fine

Set your heatsink on a piece of glass /mirror see if it rocks or has a gap under it .Youd be surprised at what you see . The object is to get a flat surface doesnt have to be a mirror finish. The finner steps of sanding help remove the rough surface allowing more heatsink contact with the CPU . Creating a better thermal dissipation from the Processor core . Remember cooler is better :) .
Mine was in bad need of lapping and now its very cool clocked at 3200. Took about 2 hours and well worth it to me anyway .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom