LIL Problem...MCE Disk Scratched

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekGoodson

In Runtime
Hey guys, I FDisk'd a customers Computer and formatted the HD. Problem is that the MCE disk they supplied me with has a HUGE scratch on it.... I don't have a copy of MCE. I have the lic. number on the outside of the case but no disk to use now. Is there a way out of this mess?

Try and find a torrent for MCE..it would not be illegal per say since you are using a legit license key..which is what you pay for not the actual media.

Only problem with that is that the MCe versions found usually have other stuff within them.

How bad is the scratch? Like can you use soem toothpaste and a toothbrush to try and fix it? I know it sounds odd but toothpaste is a bit abbrasive and can wear off the top layer and get the disc workign again. I have used this method a few tiems on some scratched CD's i have.

If the scratch is that bad you can either call M$ and see if you can get a disc or use a torrent.

Only problem with that is that the MCe versions found usually have other stuff within them.

How bad is the scratch? Like can you use soem toothpaste and a toothbrush to try and fix it? I know it sounds odd but toothpaste is a bit abbrasive and can wear off the top layer and get the disc workign again. I have used this method a few tiems on some scratched CD's i have.

If the scratch is that bad you can either call M$ and see if you can get a disc or use a torrent.

I know nothing about this "Torrent" that I see you guys speak of... where do I go for this?

Demonoid, The Pirate Bay, ISOHunt, TorrentSpy, BiteNova, MiniNova, MegaNova.

Those are the sites you go to find torrents. From there you use things like uTorrent to download them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom