Impossible to get a q6600 g0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
So I went to Frys as planned, the guy showed me the box and I checked the product code, SL9UM or whatever so I know its B3 and ask to see a few more. He shows me one more thats also SL9UM and claims the inventory guy says there are no SLACRs ( but it didn't even seem like they knew what they were talking about ). Is there anywhere else I can go where I can check 100% if its a g0 or not? I haven't waited this long to just settle for B3 even if their differances are minimal.

from some random guy: "Just got an answer from a retailer who I've asked about the G0 and they told me that they heard from Intel and distributors that they should come in late August / early September officially although they expect them some time earlier so it might be around mid August. Not sure if I can hold on this long. "

Hope this isnt true! 1 week of waiting is alright but 1 more month of waiting just sucks...my tuniq tower is collecting dust with nothing to cool :(

if anyone has some good g0 q6600 selling sites, please share

read the reviews

pffft Newegg user reviews? thats so wrong in so many ways:

1. like 75% of the Newegg reviewers think the g0 stepping for the q6600 makes it have a fsb of 1333 which is wrong

2. they probably say they got g0 to encourage people to order to get a b3, hence getting rid of the b3 stock faster

3. just read other newegg user reviews, half these people have no idea what there talking about. Heck this once guy described the performance of his graphic card as, "brillant colors"

oh thats nothing... a guy compared a Pentium D 940 to a Intel Core 2 Duo e6700, now thats just plain wrong!!

i read one guy oc'd his am2 4200 to "3.3 ghz right out of the box! with stock cooling!".
uh, yeah. about 3 minutes after he posted that, his cpu burst into flames. i laughed for days about that one. "...with stock cooling!" LMAO. really, there are A LOT of inaccurate reviews on the egg. there are crappy reviews everywhere...but they abound on newegg. ..."right out of the box! and it washes dishes and gives me b**w jobs! with stock cooling!"

i read one guy oc'd his am2 4200 to "3.3 ghz right out of the box! with stock cooling!".
uh, yeah. about 3 minutes after he posted that, his cpu burst into flames. i laughed for days about that one. "...with stock cooling!" LMAO. really, there are A LOT of inaccurate reviews on the egg. there are crappy reviews everywhere...but they abound on newegg. ..."right out of the box! and it washes dishes and gives me b**w jobs! with stock cooling!"

lol... if that doesn't void his warranty (if he had one) nothing ever will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom