I just bought the full version of fraps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
i installed it, nothing happened... odd.. i think it has something to do with my old trial fraps it had b4, issue is everything on google hasn't worked for me

Fraps has this protection thing on their software called armadillo or something like that. What you have to do is uninstall both the full and trial versions then run this program that scans the registry for the armadillo fraps stuff and delete all the keys. Then reinstall the full and you should be good to go. I looked around for the program and this is supposedly it [edit for malicious link]
haven't tested it myself though.

Fraps has this protection thing on their software called armadillo or something like that. What you have to do is uninstall both the full and trial versions then run this program that scans the registry for the armadillo fraps stuff and delete all the keys. Then reinstall the full and you should be good to go. I looked around for the program and this is supposedly it http://www.p30download.persiangig.com/crkz/Trial-Reset.zip

haven't tested it myself though.

my scanner detected a virus... and it terminated it...

Yeah I was afraid of that. I went back and looked at that forum and they were saying it has a keylogger in it but the program does work for cleaning the fraps keys. I wouldn't use it though. Sorry. I will look around some more.

Here's from the other forum

It worked on me ... atm i got fraps 2.8.2 running fine on my pc

what i did:

1. remove old verion of fraps / trial
2. restarted pc
3. start regedit and search for nZgFQGQhfU (if u got it) and delete its CONTENT (not the main folder)
4. delete folder “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Licenses" (note i dont have anything licenced installed so u might have to search for the right key if u have licenced products installed in your pc)
5. search register for "fraps" and "fps1" and delete every result u get
6. delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RFC1156Agent \Currentversion\parameters" the parameters folder
7. delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography\RNG" the rng folder
8. delete all files u can from "C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\local settings\temp"
9. delete frapsvid.dll located in "c:\windows\system32" folder
8. dowload and install MSCOMCTL.OCX file and Trial-Reset (if links dont work use google)
9. run Trial-Reset and search for "protectors" menu, select armadillo and select scan
10. right-click every search result and select clear

11a. If u got no problems deleting the search results just install ur FULL verion of fraps and enjoy

11b. if u get acces denied on any of the armadillo registery keys when tried to clear, go to regedit again and search for the key in question (u can see the root/location in the Trial-Reset search results)
12. right-click the key in question and select "rights" (7th option) and check the boxes: "full rights, read and special rights" click ok
13. now u can delete the whole key in question
14. Re-scan with Trial-Reset and if u get no results from armadillo install ur FULL verion of fraps and enjoy

ps. im foreign so there might be some speling mistakes ^^ but i hope this helps u alot

but the comments after say it works and then the most current ones say that those programs listed both have viruses now. So I don't know what to say really.

Maybe reformat and then install the full?

Do as Tadow suggested above. Fraps leave some registry keys still in there. So even if you buy the full version it doesnt register. It still says you have the trial. Only after you remove the registry keys will your full version work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom