Direct3D error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakka

Solid State Member
my system was fooked up a month ago. I got my warrantied parts couple days ago so I built my computer again. Now, the games I have tried to play comes up weird. Heres an example:

caem.jpg

Specs:
p4 2.4 533
512 ddr
radeon 8500 128mb
winxp media ctr

I have DirectX 9.0b and latest ATi driver updated.

I went to DxDiag to test Direct3D. When it was testing Direct 7 function, the box texture was stretched like above. DxDiag didnt seem to notice any problems though. Direct 8 and Direct 9 seemed to have no problem with them.

I also posted the DxDiag information.

Attachments

• dxdiag.txt
    40.6 KB · Views: 83
I lowered hardware acceleration. If i go to point where Direct3D disables, the games simply wont start. If I raise the acceleration, then it looks the same again.

DxDiag i posted was to show my specs. I mentioned before that DxDiag does NOT see the error of the texture thing. It asks if I see the logos on each tests. YEAH I SEE THE LOGOS but they're stretched. If I say NO to those test, then the error is "denied by user at step 32" or something similar.

Its an AGP card I just un/reinstalled everything. DirectX CANNOT be uninstalled. Can only be overwritten. Still doesnt work.

gr.jpg

bf.jpg

two images from Grandia 2 and Battlefield 1942 (respectively)

SO~~ HELP ME~~~

no.. the card isnt overclocked.. i'm too scared for that =)

I dont know any other program that uses D3D so.. i guess games only for now.

I just installed the driver that my card came with.. the old old one. I'm still having the same problem.

and I do not know how to install 8.1 directx. The CD that my card came with has 8.1 but it exits. Looks like it detects 9.0b and just cancels the installation.

i found a DirectX 9.0 Uninstaller somewhere online and I uninstalled it. it replaces 9.0 with 8.1 version on the original Windows CD.

Anyway, I have done that, and texture is still messed up.

So its not the driver
Not DirectX

So its the Video card hardware itself?!?!?!

Probably the video card... hell, most likely the video card.. check out the website of the game you are playing and make sure your radeon series is fully supported.. also, if you have used your card for a long time, it might just be dieing out on you.. vid cards cause really wierd looking glitches, flicks, lines, blinks, etc.. when they begin to die out..

those games are games I HAVE played about 1 month ago.
Some electric surge knocked by mobo/processor out so I sent them out for RMA.
When i rebuilt the comp back, on the same motherboard/processor, it wont work. BOO.

vid cards cause really wierd looking glitches, flicks, lines, blinks, etc.. when they begin to die out..

Those are the symptoms I'm seeing.. oh no..

try to install the new graphic drivers which may help and test it by typing dxdiag in the program and check for all tests should be successful.

raj_1024 said:
try to install the new graphic drivers which may help and test it by typing dxdiag in the program and check for all tests should be successful.

say that AFTER you read what I wrote/did above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom