G0 stepping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthraX

Daemon Poster
What's the deal? Is it THAT big of a deal? How big is the performance difference? Is it lowered in heat? Better OC?

I plan to order in probably 2-3 weeks so I figure I could probably get a G0 stepping Q6600 then. If not, would I notice? Or even care?

IMO
there is no real difference that you will notice.
it will run a little cooler and thats about it, people who are going to wait an extra month or two for it, i think are stupid, they waited this long already, why wait even longer for something so little

Well they are supposed to better at overclocking, however, i started thinking - their mutipliers are lower, due to the 1333fsb, so wont they be harder to overclock??

the power demand will be lower, therefor the heat load will be lower. the lower the heat load, the easier it is to overclock. the easier is to overlcock, the better the performance. overlcocking results will be available soon. just watch.

you will if nothing less get a cooler computer causing the components to last longer even after extensive overclocking if your planned build coincides with this then its worth it if not then don't bother simple as

Well they are supposed to better at overclocking, however, i started thinking - their mutipliers are lower, due to the 1333fsb, so wont they be harder to overclock??

the g0 q6600 is still 1066 fsb...only the ones ending in XX50 are 1333 fsb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom