How to patch non installed games/software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcemaster

Solid State Member
Pretty hard to explain this, let's see...

Basically I formatted yesterday, and due to the lack of some CD's of my games I just copied their game folders to my seperate HD.

Now I was wondering how it would be possible to apply a patch on those games, seeing they're not at the "normal" path, and there aren't any registry keys. Anyone got a solution to that? Or should I just install my games directly onto my second HD next time I install one? or would that put me at the exact same situation?

oryt okay, why cant you download them again, surly the installer will find if you have the game installed

Cause I don't feel like downloading the game everytime I format? I should really put them on DVD instead of deleting them -_-

But the games I currently have are all legal, no worries.

yea im not bothered if they anit lol but i dont get why it is hard for you to install the patch if you know the path of your games.

How about the next time you download the game, click SAVE instead of RUN. Then burn to CD for later use.

How about the next time you download the game, click SAVE instead of RUN. Then burn to CD for later use.

Can we please get to the point here? I've got the folders of some games, but how can I apply patches to them seeing I lack the registry keys, making the patches not work :eek:

And yeah, in the future I'm burning my stuff to DVD.

There is nothing you can do but run the installers again. Since you dont have the registry keys to run the games there is no patches out there that will fix the games to run again. Only a re-install of the game will do so you can get the registry keys again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom